This position is responsible for administering the accounts receivables process of invoicing clients and managing any associated debt collection activities
Professional membership body based in central London.
- Processing of invoicing ensuring accuracy, timeliness and continuous improvement of workflows between teams to avoid duplicate invoicing, in line with departmental targets.
- Promptly responding to invoicing and credit note requests in accordance with SLA's; proactively resolving queries
- Establish and foster good working relationships with both internal and external customers to resolve enquiries and ensure the prompt payment of invoices through regular contact and discussion.
- Set up new customer accounts and assist in the credit vetting process. Maintain and update customer details as appropriate in order to support invoice accuracy at all times.
- Assist with the management of the direct debit processes, updating the master and ad-hoc files in preparation for timed and scheduled direct submissions.
- Receipting of cheques received from members and raising the appropriate invoices for the system.
- Monitor and check the remittance account to ensure the outstanding debtors list is up to date.
- Create bad debt provision entries ensuring that the relevant budget manager has been consulted regarding collection and debtor status.
- Where appropriate instigate the write off process for bad debts securing the appropriate business actions and approvals
- Escalating appropriately to line management debt recovery actions to begin the initiation of legal proceedings.
- Assist as required in any other departmental duties and to undertake other tasks to support the finance operations team.
To be considered for this role you must be immediately available and have had previous experience with credit control duties.
This is an excellent opportunity for a 12 month fixed term contract paying £23,000.