A Global Charity in Central London is looking for an Assistant Finance Manager to joint he team on a permanent basis.
A global Charity in with a head office in Central London dedicated to Youth
To be responsible for ensuring all queries related to the UK and overseas subsidiaries of the group are resolved in a timely manner.
* To be responsible for timely and accurate processing of all transactions for entities not on the general ledger system into the group general ledger system. This will include building relationships with overseas finance staff and outsourced accountants and ensuring intercompany transactions are reconciled.
* To reconcile allocated balance sheet accounts.
* To close month end according to month end deadlines and reporting timetables
* To support the Head of Finance and Finance Manager in compiling budgets by working with allocated budget holders to formulate budgets
* To work with the Project Managers to ensure the utilisation of funds is in line to the agreements and that we have all the supporting documents required for the audits.
* To support the Finance Manager to prepare the quarterly and annual VAT return for the Charity
* To ensure that accounting in the subsidiaries is accurate and technically correct following Charities SORP requirements where relevant, for instance correct delineation between restricted and unrestricted funds and correct accrual and deferment of income, following income recognition treatment agreed with the Head of Finance
* 2 Years' Experience within a Finance Department including
- Management accounting
- Financial accounting e.g. reconciliations
- VAT Returns
- Year end close
- International / charity / NGO
* Be at least part qualified (foundation stage) accountant of a recognised accountancy institute, such as ACCA orCIMA
£35,000 - £38,000