The Finance Officer role will provide management accounting support to a publicly funded performing arts company in the City of London. The successful candidate will assist the Financial Accountant in the day-to-day operations of the various Finance Functions and become a super user for various finance systems.
Our client is a well established and prominent publicly funded performing arts company in the City of London. They are looking for a Finance Officer on a Permanent basis.
The role of Finance Officer, based in Central London will involve;
Financial Accounting and controls:
1. To support the Financial Accountant with the preparation of a high-quality month-end balance sheet file. To reconcile and allocate a number of balance sheet accounts on a monthly basis; investigating
and understanding any unreconciled items in a timely manner;
2. To help drive and improve processes and procedures that enhance the efficiency of the general
control environment and the accuracy of financial information;
3. To review weekly purchase ledger BACS listings;
4. To use the finance systems to interrogate financial information, prepare financial reports, and post
Bank and Treasury:
5. To support the Financial Accountant to oversee the reporting of the daily treasury figures and
completing Internal Bank Transfers as required; and
6. To be responsible for Credit Cards, Staff Expenses and Petty Cash reconciliations. To be the point
of contact for Credit Card Holders and enquiries regarding Staff Expenses and Petty Cash Claims.
7. As Systems Administrator / "super user" for the main financial systems at the company - Sun Systems,
SharperLight and Proactis - you will ensure the integrity of financial records are complete, accurate
and up to date.
8. Responsibility for the day to day transaction processing through accounting systems - including
Sun Systems, Proactis, Tessitura, Micros and Booksolve;
9. To have a thorough understanding of all finance related systems, processes and controls to enable
you to support the Financial Accountant and other members of the finance team in these areas to
support the development and improvement of processes and system controls; and
10. Assist with the flow of information, resolution of queries and issues, and provision of training.
1. Previous experience of working in a busy finance department or first time move from practice.
Should have the desire to gain an accounting qualification.
2. Highly organised and ability to work on your own initiative and as part of a team.
3. Strong attention to detail with good level Excel skills.
4. Ability to critically assess existing systems and controls and make improvements. The ability to
challenge the status quo and problem solve, suggesting and demonstrating new innovative ways of
working to the team where appropriate by streamlining and improving financial and administrative
systems and controls; follow improvements from conception through to completion.
5. Excellent communication skills and an awareness of the importance of sharing information with the
team, with colleagues and with the senior managers within the Finance Department and the rest of
6. A commitment to high standards of customer service, and the ability to ensure that these standards
are met by other team members.
7. The ability to work well under pressure with a proven ability to manage and meet conflicting
deadlines and ensure tasks completed.
8. An understanding of equal opportunity and cultural diversity issues in the delivery of our services.
- Complimentary staff tickets for shows, Talks & Events, subject to availability and policy.
- Discounts in the company bars, cafes, restaurants and bookshop and in local businesses (from Wagamamas to local childcare providers & gyms on and around the area).
- Interest-free season ticket and cycle-scheme loans.
- Pension schemes with Legal & General and NEST.
- 28 days annual leave (including bank holidays), pro rata, increasing with length of service.
- In-house Training & Development Programme including a free e-learning platform.
- An Employee Assistance Programme, Mental Health First Aiders scheme and an in-house Wellbeing Programme including monthly talks and events.
- Buddy scheme for New Starters.
- On-site staff canteen and bar.
- Staff networks including the BAME network, LGBTQ+ network and Women's network.