A large Not for Profit organisation in Central London is looking for an Accounts Receivable Officer to join the team immediately on a 3 month contract
A large Membership organisation in Central London
* Processing of invoicing ensuring accuracy, timeliness and continuous improvement of workflows between teams to avoid duplicate invoicing, in line with departmental targets.
* Promptly responding to invoicing and credit note requests in accordance with SLA's; proactively resolving queries.
* Establish and foster good working relationships with both internal and external customers to resolve enquiries and ensure the prompt payment of invoices through regular contact and discussion.
* Set up new customer accounts and assist in the credit vetting process. Maintain and update customer details as appropriate in order to support invoice accuracy at all times.
* Assist with the management of the direct debit processes, updating the master and ad-hoc files in preparation for timed and scheduled direct submissions.
* Receipting of cheques received from members and raising the appropriate invoices for the system.
* Monitor and check the remittance account to ensure the outstanding debtors list is up to date.
* Create bad debt provision entries following TLS policy ensuring that the relevant budget manager has been consulted regarding collection and debtor status. Where appropriate instigate the write off process for bad debts securing the appropriate business actions and approvals.
* Escalating appropriately to line management debt recovery actions to begin the initiation of legal proceedings.
* Assist as required in any other departmental duties and to undertake other tasks to support the finance operations team.
* Educated to A level or higher, including good GCSE passes in Mathematics and English Language.
* Detail orientated with experience in a financial or data entry function.
* High level of customer awareness.
* Excellent organisational and planning skills to enable working to tight deadlines and effective prioritisation.
* Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written, together with a high level of interpersonal skills.
* Effective team player with ability to develop positive relationships with team members, external and internal stakeholders.
* Ability to use initiative in a busy environment, as well as a willingness to undertake ad-hoc work where necessary.
* An intermediate to advanced working knowledge of Microsoft Office applications including Excel and Word.
* Flexible attitude, enthusiastic and positive.
* Specific experience in credit control and aged debtor maintenance
* Experience of legal professional practice and/or other professional/ member services
£28,000 - £30000