We are have a new and exciting opportunity for a Project Operations Manager, working for a well recognised, UK Charity, on a 12 month Fixed Term Contract.
Our client is a well recognised, established UK Charity, and are entering an exciting phase of a new and pioneering Project. We are looking for a Project Operations Manager for a 12 month Fixed Term Contract.
The role of Project Operations Manager will include;
- To manage the full budget for the project including allocation of resources to each area of delivery. Responsible for correct phasing and control of spend to align to the grant award timeline and ensure a zero-risk approach to the budget.
- To be responsible for the delivery of grant KPIs ensuring timelines are met rigidly and any delays in delivery are mitigated and identified immediately, and where necessary the Project Director and Funders and briefed and extensions agreed.
- With the Lead Researcher be responsible for development and delivery of a monitoring and evaluation plan for the grant to evidence sustained reduction of the specific littering issue.
- Specific responsibility to procure, coordinate, plan and execute quality assurance of mobilisation, training and allocation of contract surveyors, the assessment and methodology for site selection, the logistics around permissions and liaison with local authorities and landowners, the appropriate capture and storage of data and the analysis of the data including working with external data analysts if required.
- Alongside the Lead Researcher assist in the planning and logistics around localised innovation trials designed and developed during the project. This may also involve large scale procurement which should utilise grant resources as effectively and efficiently as possible.
- To monitor the project budget ensuring optimal performance of investment and expenditure of resources. Undertaking a zero-risk approach to budgeting ensure that funds are in place before committing to any external costs in accordance with the financial schedule and signed services agreement and provide revised forecasts as required.
- To be responsible for the procurement of external resources and materials required to deliver the project, following a tender process where identified as necessary.
- Responsible for the management and performance of external suppliers ensuring adherence to strict Service Level Agreements.
We are looking for a Project Operations Manager, ideally from a Not for Profit / Charity / Environmental background with the following;
- Substantial experience in project management
- Experience in managing multiple stakeholder
- Financial management skills including developing and managing project and departmental budgets and providing timely reporting information.
- Excellent project management skills including co-ordination of multiple linked and concurrent deliverables
- Ability to effectively lead teams and oversee the work of multiple teams and team members working on diverse projects.
- Experience of procurement and managing external suppliers including managing tender processes, negotiating contracts, and contract compliance ensuring adherence to strict SLAs
- Experience of logistics and the management and co-ordination of on the ground teams would be an advantage
- A demonstrable understanding of the role research and evaluation can play in developing effective policy, campaigns and practice.
An excellent opportunity for a 12 Month Fixed Term Contract with the possibility of extending.