Due to expansion, this leading housing and property organisation, based in Central London, are currently looking to recruit a Property Accounts Officer to join their busy team.
The client is a Registered Provider of affordable housing across England, working with the largest house builders to deliver new housing for Shared Ownership (part buy, part rent) and low-cost rental homes.
The Property Accounts Officer's duties will include:
- Ensure accurate estimation and reconciliation of service charges.
- Ensure all invoices that require verification are passed to group payments in agreed timescales raising any challenges with supplier as soon as possible.
- Responsible for the allocation of month end property costs ensuring that costs are accurately coded to block level feeding back discrepancies to the relevant departments.
- Carry out monthly variance monitoring of all property expenditure against income charged.
- To respond to audit queries from external auditors regarding annual service charge.
The successful Property Accounts Officer will be someone with a strong attention to detail, and has previously worked in a similar role.
You will have at least 2 year's experience working in a residential/commercial property and accounting environment with particular emphasis on service charge administration.
Finally, you will have a thorough understanding of Landlord and Tenant legislation and best practise for setting of fixed and variable service charges.
An excellent salary c£37,000, dependant on previous exposure, plus an excellent benefits package.