The successful Service Charge Officer will play an important role in providing property accounting across the entire organisations portfolio of customers.
The role is a contract which has the possibility of being extended.
The client is a growing and diverse Housing Association in London.
The key responsibilities of the Service Charge Officer will be to;
- Ensure accurate estimation and reconciliation of service charges for existing schemes and new developments.
- Calculate rent and service charges.
- Process rent and service charge account adjustments.
- Carry out monthly variance monitoring of all property expenditure against income charged.
- Respond to audit enquiries.
- Complete new rent registrations over a rolling programme.
The successful Service Charge Officer will have come from a similar role, working in a residential/commercial property and accounting environment with particular emphasis on service charge.
Experience of using housing management systems.
Knowledge and experience of rent and service charge procedures.
A thorough understanding of Landlord and Tenant legislation.
Ability to work effectively to time lines and to have a pro active approach to your work.
The successful applicant will have the chance to work within a professional team in a growing organisation with the possibility of the role being extended.