How to apply
1. Job Purpose
The role is to deliver the Foundation’s Family Health and Wellbeing programmes (branded as Healthy Eagles) to improve the health of local children and young people using the brand of a professional football club.
To successfully deliver the Croydon Child Weight Management programme across schools, community centres and leisure settings.
To support and deliver the dissemination of health messages across the organisation.
2. Principal Accountabilities/Responsibilities/Job Summary
• To work with Palace for Life colleagues and partners, Food Talk to achieve continual service improvement and the contract KPIs.
• To support the coordination of the Croydon Weight Management delivery funded by the London Borough of Croydon and deliver a high-quality programme to support the achievement of relevant contractual targets including referrals, retention, completion percentage targets and effective outcome measures.
• To support the project management/delivery of the Croydon Weight Management programme including: updating UPSHOT/VIEWS on-line monitoring and evaluation systems and to assist with the completion of monitoring reports for the London Borough of Croydon and Premier League/Professional Footballers Association Funding and other relevant partners.
• Liaising closely with other internal colleagues within the Foundation in sharing of good practice and cross working together.
• Responsible for reporting to the Health & Wellbeing Manager on the general updates of the Child Weight Management programme.
• Liaising with internal and external partners throughout the lifetime of the project including: Schools, Local Authorities, Foodtalk and other Health providers, Public Health staff, and any other relevant partners.
• Support the promotion and delivery of Healthy Weight Awareness training for Croydon’s children and young peoples’ workforce.
• Support the administration elements of the programme including: data collection & inputting, session compliance and incoming enquries.
• Support the internal and external referral process including the NCMP calling process.
• Support the creation of media information and case studies/good news stories to measure the impact of the programme.
• To commit to other duties required in line with the responsibilities of the post.
03. Knowledge/Experience/Technical Skills and Behaviours
a) Knowledge/Experience/Technical Skills
• Sound knowledge of what constitutes a high quality and engaging session for young people and families.
• Possess a safeguarding and first aid qualification.
• Possess a physical activity/fitness/health/coaching qualification or relevant experience.
• Minimum of two years’ experience of delivering in a health, sports or physical activity environment.
• Experience of working with young people from different backgrounds.
• Sound communication/presentation skills both written and verbal.
• Working knowledge of Microsoft Office, Outlook, Powerpoint & Excel.
• Ability to use differentiation in a physical activity/coaching format in schools and community settings.
• Educated to degree level
● TEAMWORK – we support everyone around us and treat them with respect, working together to achieve great results.
● PRIDE – we are proud to represent Palace and aspire to be the best in everything we do.
● INNOVATION – we are not afraid to try new things, we are creative and inspiring, always seeking new ways to progress.
● We know why we’re here: we appreciate the unique influence we, as role models, have on young people and the wider south London community
● We know where we’re going: we are clear on what we aim to achieve, as individuals and as part of the wider team at the Foundation and Crystal Palace FC
● We communicate effectively: we listen to each other and keep colleagues fully informed of our work, sharing mistakes and challenges as well as successes
● We respect: we seek to understand the challenges others face and treat our colleagues and participants how we expect to be treated ourselves
● We are professional: we are punctual, reliable and aspire to the highest standards in everything we do
● We take responsibility: we take ownership for own performance and put in our fair share of time and effort to support our participants and the rest of the team
● We are always improving: We reflect, look to develop and evolve, to make things better for our team and the people we support
● We are brave: We think outside the box, are not afraid to take measured risks, but know when to ask for help and support each other when things don’t go to plan
● We share success: We are proud of what we do as a team and actively celebrate each other’s good work, sharing credit wherever it’s due.
Crystal Palace Football Club acknowledges its duty of care to safeguard and promote the welfare of children, and is committed to ensuring safeguarding practice reflects statutory requirements and responsibilities, government guidance, recognised best practice and complies with Premier league and football league rules.
The club expects all staff, players, volunteers, contractors and guests to share this commitment.
Crystal Palace Football Club endorses the principle of equality and will strive to ensure that everyone who wishes to be involved in the club whether as players, match-day fans, staff, board members, participants in foundation programmes and other people engaged with the club’s activities (for example, suppliers, corporate partners):
Has a genuine and equal opportunity to participate to the full extent of their own ambitions and abilities, without regard to their age, disability, gender reassignment, marital or civil partnership status, pregnancy or maternity, race, religion and belief, sex or sexual orientation; and
Can be assured of an environment in which their rights, dignity and individual worth are respected, and in particular that they are able to enjoy their engagement at the club without the threat of intimidation, victimisation, harassment, bullying and abuse.
As users of the disability confident scheme, we guarantee to interview all disabled applicants who meet the minimum criteria for the vacancy.