Head of Technology
Circa £70,000 per annum
Permanent – 5 days per week
(Monday - Friday)
Location: 175 St John Street, London EC1V 4LW
Your new employer:
Place2Be is the leading children's mental health charity providing in-school support and expert training to improve the emotional wellbeing of pupils, families, teachers and school staff.
We provide emotional and therapeutic services in over 600 primary and secondary schools in England, Scotland and Wales, reaching a school population of approximately 350,000 children - building children's resilience early in life through counselling, creative work and play.
Place2Be also provides training on mental health and wellbeing for teachers and other professionals who work with children and young people, so we can help to build "mentally healthy" schools and communities where all children can thrive and grow up with prospects, not problems.
Are we the type of life changing organisation you’d like to work for? Yes…. read on
Based at our head office in Central London, as our new “Head of Tech” you’ll play a pivotal role in delivering Place2Be’s IT and digital strategy. You will develop and implement Place2Be’s tech strategy in order to enable us to deliver our vision of all children in schools nationally, having access to high quality mental health support. You will manage the current IT Infrastructure in order to support the day to day needs and operations of Place2Be, with an appropriate level of availability, support and maintenance. Accountable for the successful delivery of all IT and digital projects (On Time, In Scope, In Budget), you will be a strategic thinker with strong team leadership skills. Accountable to the CEO and the board of Trustees, for the Security of the Place2Be IT and digital systems, network and data. You will also present to the executive management team, on the operational performance of Place2Be’s IT and digital systems and environment including mobile IT.
Key duties & accountabilities
- Ensure effective delivery and continuous improvement of Place2Be technology services and solutions
- Regular reporting on the status of the IT and digital systems and environment through a dashboard
- Line management of the IT Manager who manages the IT help desk and maintains the P2B IT environment
- Development of strong partnerships with our key IT and digital service providers and partners (including telephony) through a structured relationship management approach
- Development and delivery of standards of service for IT Support
- Manage the IT and digital Infrastructure & operations budget
- Reporting on performance to Senior Stake holders, CEO, The Board as well as Trustees
The Successful candidate will have:
- Proven successful experience of developing and implementing an IT and digital strategy to deliver an organisations vision
- Knowledge and experience of developing IT Systems and Data Architectures
- An excellent understanding and experience of digital particularly in the context of third sector / charity and service delivery
- Demonstrable experience of successfully leading on large organisation-wide projects
- Experience of leading multi-functional teams and fostering a culture of learning, growth and professional development
- Experience of successfully leading change across an organisation
In return we offer you a range of fantastic benefits including:
- Amazing offices in the heart of the city, a brisk walk from Farringdon Station
- Enhanced Annual Leave entitlement
- Robust Learning and Development Programme
- Contributory Pension Scheme
- Life Assurance
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Cycle purchase and season ticket loan schemes
- Extended maternity/paternity pay
A supportive organisation we offer strong and clear leadership as well as a fantastic working environment to ensure your early success.
Closing Date: Sunday 3rd Nov 2019 at 11:59pm
1st Interview: W/C 11th November 2019
2ndt Interview: TBC 2019
Start Date: Jan 2020
If you share our core values of perseverance, integrity, compassion and creativity, we would love you to join us. It’s sensitive and demanding work - but hugely rewarding and fulfilling - you will be helping give young people brighter futures.
Place2Be is committed to equal opportunities and anti-discrimination practices and we positively encourage applications from all sections of the community. We are keen to reflect the diversity of the partner schools we work in and are particularly interested in attracting applications from male candidates, as well as candidates from Minority Ethnic (BAME) backgrounds.
The client requests no contact from agencies or media sales.