About the role:
We are seeking a Digital Engagement Officer to join our fantastic Digital Team!
The Digital Engagement Officer is a key role in the central Engagement, Marketing and Communications function of Pancreatic Cancer UK. The role has responsibility for planning, delivering and optimising external communications across a range of digital channels, including our social media channels and website.
We’re looking for someone who will engage and inspire existing, new and potential audiences through strategic and innovative digital content and communications.
Some of the main responsibilities of this role include:
- Working with teams across the organisation to create and publish relevant, compelling content for our social media channels that engages and inspires our audiences, and raises awareness of our work.
- Maintaining a proactive and balanced social media schedule and communications calendar, and engaging with team representatives across the organisation to do this.
- Creating strong, relevant, audience-led content for the website that is designed to improve key metrics such as conversion, engagement and search engine optimisation (SEO).
- Training, advising and coaching key staff members of staff to use the content management system (CMS) proficiently, and to publish user-friendly, strategically effective content.
- Supporting teams in email journey planning as part of the wider communications planning process, and helping to create and send email campaigns when required.
- Creating monthly and quarterly digital insights for organic social media, as part of the overall digital insight reports
We’re looking for someone who’s a passionate, quick-thinking, confident communicator, who embraces new opportunities and puts people at the heart of their communications. They’ll need to be able to manage a busy workload – juggling both day-to-day activity and discrete projects - and build excellent relationships across the charity.
Please see the job pack on our website for full details of the role.
It’s unacceptable that more than half of people diagnosed with pancreatic cancer die within 3 months. Survival rates have improved enormously for most cancers, yet for pancreatic cancer, this is not the case. And, with treatment and care affected by the pandemic, the situation has only got worse.
Pancreatic Cancer UK is a national charity dedicated to taking on this injustice using every possible means. We’re supporting people with pancreatic cancer now, campaigning, and funding vital research to transform the future.
Working with us:
We are an inclusive employer committed to developing a diverse workforce and are looking for people who can demonstrate dedication to our cause and values. We offer a supportive place to work with helpful and friendly staff who report a high level of job satisfaction.
We are currently working remotely due to Covid-19 restrictions, but our main office is based in London on the river with views towards Westminster. We offer flexible working and we envisage once Covid restrictions are lifted, this role will be a blend of working from home and working in the office.
Other terms and conditions
Hours: Full-time, 35 hours per week (Monday-Friday).
Location: London SE1 (temporarily remote working from home)
Closing date: We are accepting applications and interviewing on a rolling basis.
Interview dates: Thursday 19 and Friday 20 August 2021 (Interviews will take place remotely via a Zoom video call).
To apply, download the job pack from our website
You must have the right to work in the UK when you apply.