Pancreatic cancer is a tough one but we’re taking it on. We are supporting those affected by the disease, investing in groundbreaking research, lobbying for greater recognition of pancreatic cancer and being a voice for everyone involved in the fight. Together we are taking on pancreatic cancer.
We are looking to recruit for a Digital Services Officer to join our Services team. This exciting new role will be responsible for the running and provision of digital services and peer support at Pancreatic Cancer UK, through online channels. We are looking for an enthusiastic and innovative Officer with digital experience to help the team in implementing new ways for us to deliver this work.
The focus of this role includes:
- Providing marketing, administration and set up of these events, and follow-up and evaluation through our virtual days.
- Management and redevelopment of our online community forum so that more people can benefit from the peer support provided on this platform.
- Oversight of our Side by Side peer support, working with the nursing team, to ensure that the administration of this service is well maintained, volunteers are supervised and support the team in implementing new methods of online delivery.
- Working with the information and marketing and comms team, provide support in our video development as we continue to grow the information and support resources we have, including real-life stories and nurse videos.
- Experience of working in an administrative role.
- Experience in managing or supporting an online community/forum or similar.
- Experience in working with various different technology packages, including forum hosting, website platforms, Zoom, and video conferencing. This includes being familiar with using Zoom and Skype for instant messaging and video calls.
- Excellent organisational skills, highly efficient, with the ability to prioritise and manage a busy and demanding workload and ensure deadlines are met.
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written, including writing web copy and communicating through online platforms
- Strong interpersonal, networking and relationship building skills.
Working with us:
We are an inclusive employer committed to developing a diverse workforce and are looking for people who can demonstrate dedication to our cause and values. We offer a supportive place to work with helpful and friendly staff who report a high level of job satisfaction. We are currently working remotely from home, but our main office is based in London on the river with views towards Westminster.
To apply, please read the job pack for full details of the role and complete the application form on our website.
The client requests no contact from agencies or media sales.