Pancreatic cancer is a tough one but we’re taking it on. We are supporting those affected by the disease, investing in ground-breaking research, lobbying for greater recognition of pancreatic cancer, and being a voice for everyone involved in the fight. Together we are taking on pancreatic cancer.
About the role:
Pancreatic Cancer UK has grown rapidly and significantly over the past 3 years and diversified a range of activities, which in turn has increased the volume and complexity of work in the Finance Team as we support our Fundraising and Marketing (FMC) and Service, Research and Influencing (SRI) operations. We have also recently installed Sun V6 and are in the process of automating our purchase ledger, all of which have impacted our work.
We are looking for a Management Accountant to join our Finance Team which sits in the wider Corporate Services team. The successful candidate will be an experienced charity management accountant who will support our Senior Finance Manager in the production of monthly management accounts for our 2021 financial year as we bed in new systems and processes.
This role is key to increasing the capacity of our Finance Team to work in productive partnership with our budget holders to ensure they get the best from their financial data and to help them manage their budgets more efficiently. This will also enable more time to be invested in developing the quality of the decision support and management information we produce.
Some of the responsibilities include:
- Production and ongoing development of monthly management accounts using Sun and Q&A
- Supporting the annual budgeting and planning process
- Supporting the production of the annual report and accounts, along with the annual audit process
- Providing proactive support to budget holders
- Other financial management and control tasks, such as VAT returns
- Qualified ACA, ICEAW, CIMA, CIPFA, or near- qualified accountant
- Understanding of charity SORP accounting, and management accounting within fundraising charities
- Understanding of charity VAT accounting
- Understanding of budgeting, phasing, and variance reporting
- Extensive and proven experience of using Sun and Q&A
- Significant experience of working as a management accountant in a medium-sized fundraising charity (T/O £5m-£10m), supporting fundraising teams, and developing and improving management reporting
- Experience in annual budgeting and year-end accounting processes
- Competent user of Microsoft Office 365 suite (Word, PowerPoint, Outlook), advanced user of Excel
- Skilled user of Q&A (Sun reporting tool), creating templates, updating and refreshing reports
- Excellent written and oral communication skills with the ability to clearly communicate financial concepts to non-financial colleagues
Please see the job pack for full details of the role on our website.
Working with us:
We are an inclusive employer committed to developing a diverse workforce and are looking for people who can demonstrate dedication to our cause and values. We offer a supportive place to work with helpful and friendly staff who report a high level of job satisfaction. We are currently working remotely, but our main office is based in London on the river with views towards Westminster. Once Covid restrictions are lifted it is envisaged that staff will work on a flexible basis some home, some office.
Please read the job pack and complete section 1 and section 2 of the application on our website.
Closing date: Monday 22 March 2021 at 9 am.
Interview dates: 24 and 25 March 2021
You must have the right to work in the UK when you apply.
The client requests no contact from agencies or media sales.