It’s unacceptable that more than half of people diagnosed with pancreatic cancer die within 3 months. Survival rates have improved enormously for most cancers, yet for pancreatic cancer, this is not the case. And, with treatment and care affected by the pandemic, the situation has only got worse.
Pancreatic Cancer UK is a national charity dedicated to taking on this injustice using every possible means. We’re supporting people with pancreatic cancer now, campaigning, and funding vital research to transform the future.
About the role:
We are seeking a talented and passionate Marketing and Communications Officer to play a vital role in our mission to transform the future for everyone affected by pancreatic cancer.
This role would suit an enthusiastic and creative individual who is adept at working across multiple projects using their broad marketing and communications knowledge and skills. You’ll support the planning, execution, and evaluation of engaging, audience-led marketing and communications activity to help us reach and engage more people. Working with our Senior Brand and Content Manager, you’ll bring stories to life through powerful content, ensure brand consistency and provide effective project management across our communications planning, campaigns and activities.
Some of the main responsibilities of this role include:
- Supporting the Senior Brand and Content Manager with day-to-day brand management, responding to internal and external requests, from copywriting; editing and proofing, to providing design feedback, consulting on content briefs and helping with queries about our logo or assets. Ensuring consistency of messaging and visual representation at all times.
- Working with the Senior Brand and Content Manager to plan, project manage, deliver and evaluate organisation-wide activity for Pancreatic Cancer Awareness Month (PCAM), ensuring that core KPIs are met.
- Marketing and Communications content development
- Working with the Marketing and Communications management team to lead an effective cross-organisation communication planning process, including maintaining the Trello calendar, running planning meetings, taking minutes and assigning actions, and managing and triaging briefs.
- Have a good understanding of developing engaging multi-purpose, multi-channel content
- Excellent organisational and project management skills with the ability to plan and manage multiple projects and deadlines
- Experience in planning and executing Marketing and Communications activity across a range of channels
- A keen eye for detail and excellent proofing and editing skills, ensuring high standards whilst working under pressure
Please see the job pack on our website for full details of the role.
Working with us:
We are an inclusive employer committed to developing a diverse workforce and are looking for people who can demonstrate dedication to our cause and values. We offer a supportive place to work with helpful and friendly staff who report a high level of job satisfaction. We are currently working remotely due to Covid-19 restrictions, but our main office is based in London on the river with views towards Westminster. We offer flexible working and we envisage once Covid restrictions are lifted, this role will be a blend of working from home and working in the office.
To apply, please read the job pack and complete section 1 and section 2 of the application form on our website.
Other details of the role:
- Hours: Full-time, 35 hours per week (open to flexibility around working patterns and number of days in the office once the office is open fully).
- Location: London SE1 (temporarily remote working from home)
- Closing date: Monday 24 May 2021 at 9 am.
- Interview dates: Wednesday, 2 June 2021 (Interviews will take place remotely via a Zoom video call).
You must have the right to work in the UK when you apply.
The client requests no contact from agencies or media sales.