It’s unacceptable that more than half of people diagnosed with pancreatic cancer die within 3 months. Survival rates have improved enormously for most cancers, yet for pancreatic cancer, this is not the case. And, with treatment and care affected by the pandemic, the situation has only got worse.
Pancreatic Cancer UK is a national charity dedicated to taking on this injustice using every possible means. We’re supporting people with pancreatic cancer now, campaigning, and funding vital research to transform the future.
About the role:
We are looking for a Senior Relationship Manager to join our Philanthropy & Partnerships (P&P) team, which sits in the Fundraising, Marketing, and Communications Directorate. This new role is all about outstanding relationship management. We are looking for someone who can inspire and manage our highly influential Development Fund Board (DFB) alongside a portfolio of relationships with high net worth individuals and ambassadors, creating standout experiences for those that support Pancreatic Cancer UK.
Our P&P team consists of six members of staff, and we are on track to raise £2m this year. We are a small team and we aim to work closely together to maximise our collective impact. The successful candidate will be an experienced relationship manager and will develop and embed a one-team approach to stewardship of high-value supporters. This role involves being the lead on developing our stewardship programme, creating tools and resources that support the whole P&P team in delivering exceptional relationship management. No day will be the same in this role. It requires a love of relationship management, strategic vision, and the ability to work hands-on to give our supporters a very special experience.
- You will have a track record and experience in developing and managing strong relationships with high-value supporters.
- You will have strong communication skills (verbal and written) with the ability to build relationships and rapport with others.
- Experience in working with fundraising committees and senior volunteers.
- Experience in designing and delivering special events, volunteer-led events, and/or engagement events.
- The ability to demonstrate respect, understanding, and sensitivity when communicating around pancreatic cancer.
Please see the job pack on our website for full details of the role.
Working with us:
We are an inclusive employer committed to developing a diverse workforce and are looking for people who can demonstrate dedication to our cause and values. We offer a supportive place to work with helpful and friendly staff who report a high level of job satisfaction. We are currently working remotely due to Covid-19 restrictions, but our main office is based in London on the river with views towards Westminster.
To apply for this role, please visit our website to view the job pack and complete section 1 and section 2 of the application form.
Other details about the role:
- Hours: Full-time, 35 hours per week, Monday to Friday, 9 am to 5 pm. Flexible working is available for this role (four days per week will also be considered). If part-time hours are agreed, please note the salary will be pro-rata.
- Location: London SE1 (temporarily remote working from home)
- Closing date and interviews: We are accepting applications and interviewing on a rolling basis (Interviews will take place remotely via a Zoom video call).