DESIGNATION Central Administrator
HOURS 36 per week (some unplanned social hours)
SALARY NJC Scale pt 10 - 20 £20,751 - £25,295
RESPONSIBLE TO Chief Executive/SMT
PURPOSE OF POST To provide and oversee administrative support services within the charity; to act as PA to Chief Executive and offer admin support to Senior Management Team
KEY RELATIONSHIPS As per management structure
MAIN DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Provide PA support to Chief Executive & Senior Management Team (SMT)
- Manage and support CEO/SMT electronic diary, assessing priority of appointments and reallocation as necessary.
- Manage CEO/SMT/Trustee travel arrangements (including accommodation).
- Maintain CEO/SMT office systems, including data management and filing.
- Maintain records of CEO/SMT contacts using internal CRM.
- Screen calls, enquiries and requests, and deal with them when appropriate.
- Assist CEO/SMT in researching and following up with action on matters which fall within the CEO/SMT responsibility – chasing responses, triggering follow-up action.
- Produce documents, briefing papers, reports and presentations for the CEO/SMT/Trustees as required.
- Organise meetings and ensure that the CEO is well prepared for those meetings, preparing agendas, pre-meeting briefings and meeting papers.
- Manage arrangements for Trustees’ and Sub-Committee meetings, including production/distribution of agenda and papers.
- Meet and greet visitors at all levels of seniority including offering hospitality.
- Supervise all Trust incoming/outgoing mail.
- Any other duties as may reasonably be required by the CEO/SMT member
Deliver the charity’s outputs through management of day-to-day operations
- Manage the smooth running of Warrington sites, building and administration.
- Ensure standard administrative procedures across all sites
- Support development and maintenance of administrative policy and practice.
- To be the first point of contact for all building maintenance enquiries, reporting any issues to landlord and to follow up as required.
- Responsible for maintaining a database of key holders, equipment and ….ensuring that this is updated accordingly.
Establish and maintain efficient and effective administrative systems:
- Responsible for ensuring that all staff and volunteers are subject to DBS checks. Maintain an up-to-date database housing this information.
- Manage the recruitment inbox – responding to all speculative applications and agencies as appropriate and passing CV’s on for further consideration
- Liaise with agencies and organising the advertising of roles internally and externally as appropriate
- Maintain internal database in regards to staff holiday, absence and sickness
- Report any office issues to line manager as soon as possible and undertake agreed actions.
- Liaise with IT support to maintain a fully functional IT including website and telephone operating system.
- Manage the office diary.
- Prepare reports and correspondence as requested.
- Deal sensitively with all enquiries and directing telephone, postal or email enquiries to the appropriate member of staff
- Attend Business Meetings as requested, take minutes and disseminate within agreed timeframe (usually within a week of when the meeting took place).
- Maintain the Policy and Procedures Manual, ensuring that staff have up-to-date copies of agreed protocols at all times.
- Manage stock control and requisition according to policy.
- Assist in producing visual aids / presentation material for PAPYRUS representatives.
- Help to facilitate training delivery nationally, responding to email and telephone enquiries, ensuring preparation, materials, resources, venues, for all events are in place when required.
- Ensure relevant data is recorded and up to date on database system.
- Collate evaluations and feedback from project work
General PAPYRUS duties
- Respect confidentiality within PAPYRUS policy and manage data appropriately in line with General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) tailored by the Data Protection Act 2018.
- Understand relevant duties and manage matters relating to safeguarding of children and vulnerable adults within PAPYRUS policy.
- Attend and contribute constructively to regular line management supervision and appraisal protocols.
- Attend the AGM and any PAPYRUS events where required. Help to plan, contribute to and attend PAPYRUS conferences and seminars as required.
- Attend training courses as required.
It is the nature of the work of PAPYRUS prevention of young suicides that tasks and responsibilities are in many circumstances, unpredictable and varied. All staff are, therefore, expected to work in a flexible way when the occasion arises and when tasks not specifically covered in their job description have to be undertaken. These additional duties will normally be to cover unforeseen circumstances or changes in work and they will normally be compatible with the regular type of work. If the additional responsibility or task becomes a regular or frequent part of the member of staff’s job, it will be included in the job description in consultation with the member of staff.
It is expected that all PAPYRUS employees understand that our work is confidential and that neither details about those who use its services nor any other PAPYRUS business should be divulged to members of the public. A confidentiality agreement must be signed on taking up this post. Further details are outlined in the PAPYRUS Confidentiality Policy.
The post holder is expected to be familiar with and have regard to the ethos and values of PAPYRUS and work within that framework. He/she must be prepared to operate without prejudice to all who approach PAPYRUS or work with the organisation at any level.
CONDITIONS OF SERVICE
Conditions of Service are broadly in line with those set out by the National Joint Council for Local Government Services. PAPYRUS has a probationary period of 6 months for all posts. Appointment to this post may be subject to satisfactory Enhanced CRB Disclosure and/or completion of Vetting and Barring Scheme checks.
See Person Specification
The client requests no contact from agencies or media sales.