PAPYRUS is the national UK charity dedicated to the prevention of suicide and the promotion of positive mental health and emotional wellbeing in young people.
Community Development Officers – London
PAPYRUS Prevention of Young Suicide is the national charity for the prevention of young suicide, founded in 1997. We have grown very successfully since then and currently have bases in Warrington, Birmingham, London, Cardiff and Belfast.
We are looking to recruit two Community Development Officers to engage key partners and stakeholders in the region tailoring support, training and education to create suicide safer communities.
To be successful in this role you will have:
- A degree or professional qualification in Education, Counselling, Training, Psychology, Community Development or Youth Work
- Experience of leading and working on community-based projects
- A proven track record of delivering training and/or learning workshops/educational activities
- Previous successful experience of interagency working and networking with stakeholders
- Ability to communicate effectively and deliver presentations and training to varied audiences on suicide prevention and/or self-harm and/or mental health related issues
- Experienced ASIST Trainer or willingness to gain the qualification and experience
Salary: NJC Scale SCP 18 - 23 (£24,982 - £27,741 per annum) plus London Weighting
Hours: 36 hours per week. Due to the nature of the role, some evening, weekend and bank holiday working may be required.
Location: The successful candidates will initially be based at home and will be required to work flexibly and attend the London office as required.
1 x permanent role
1 x 12-month fixed term contract (maternity cover)
Please visit our website to review the full job description and person specification for the role. To apply for the position please complete the application form on our website detailing how you meet the criteria for the role. Please return your completed application to HR email address or to HR, PAPYRUS, Unit 1 Bankside, Warrington, WA1 1UP.
Closing date: 9th August 2021 Interview date: TBC
PAPYRUS is committed to the principle of equal opportunity in employment and its employment policies for recruitment are designed to ensure that no job applicant or employee receives less favourable treatment on the grounds of age, disability, gender re-assignment, marriage and civil partnership, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief, sex or sexual orientation.
PAPYRUS is committed to safeguarding all children, young people and adults at risk that interact with the organisation. The organisation recognises its responsibility to safeguard the welfare of these vulnerable groups by a commitment to procedures to protect them. The group expects all staff and volunteers to fully support and promote these commitments.
The client requests no contact from agencies or media sales.