- DESIGNATION Fundraising Officer
- HOURS 36 per week (some planned unsocial hours)
- SALARY NJC Scale 12 - 15 (£21,589 - £22,401) + 5% Pension Contribution
- LOCATION Registered Office, Warrington
- RESPONSIBLE TO Head of Fundraising, Community Fundraising Manager
- ACCOUNTABLE FOR Fundraising Volunteers
- PURPOSE OF POST
7.1 To grow PAPYRUS’ community fundraising income by building and maintaining long-term and mutually beneficial relationships with volunteer fundraisers
- KEY RELATIONSHIPS
PAPYRUS Fundraising team, volunteer fundraisers donors & prospective donors, grant-making trust and foundation representatives and PAPYRUS staff & volunteers
- MAIN DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
9.1 To respond to volunteer fundraising enquiries, provide appropriate information and ongoing encouragement via phone, email and letter
9.2 Work closely with other members of the Fundraising team ensure accurate and timely recording of all enquiries, follow-ups and donations, adhering to and within agreed stewardship and data protection protocols
9.3 Liaise with colleagues to ensure all progress reports and evaluations are prepared and completed within the agreed deadlines
9.4 To contribute to the content and updating of information on PAPYRUS website and literature as required
9.5 Respect confidentiality within PAPYRUS policy and manage data appropriately in line with the Data Protection Act 2017.
9.6 Understand relevant duties and manage matters relating to safeguarding of children and vulnerable adults within PAPYRUS policy.
9.7 Attend training courses as required.
10. ADDITIONAL DUTIES - It is the nature of the work of PAPYRUS prevention of young suicides that tasks and responsibilities are in many circumstances, unpredictable and varied. All staff are, therefore, expected to work in a flexible way when the occasion arises and when tasks not specifically covered in their job description have to be undertaken. These additional duties will normally be to cover unforeseen circumstances or changes in work and they will normally be compatible with the regular type of work. If the additional responsibility or task becomes a regular or frequent part of the member of staff’s job, it will be included in the job description in consultation with the member of staff
11. CONFIDENTIALITY - It is expected that all PAPYRUS employees understand that our work is confidential and that neither details about those who use its services nor any other PAPYRUS business should be divulged to members of the public. A confidentiality agreement must be signed on taking up this post. Further details are outlined in the PAPYRUS Confidentiality Policy
12. BASIC PRINCIPLES - The post holder is expected to be familiar with and have regard to the ethos and values of PAPYRUS and work within that framework. He/she must be prepared to operate without prejudice to all who approach PAPYRUS or work with the organisation at any level
13. CONDITIONS OF SERVICE - Conditions of Service are broadly in line with those set out by the National Joint Council for Local Government Services. PAPYRUS has a probationary period of 6 months for all posts. Appointment to this post may be subject to satisfactory Disclosure and Barring Scheme check
14. QUALIFICATIONS - See Person Specification
The client requests no contact from agencies or media sales.