PAPYRUS is the national UK charity dedicated to the prevention of suicide and the promotion of positive mental health and emotional wellbeing in young people.
HOPELINEUK Manager – Cardiff
We are looking to recruit a HOPELINEUK Manager to enable the delivery of an outstanding suicide prevention helpline, through the effective management of HOPELINEUK advisers, alongside promotion and development of the service.
To be successful in this role you will have:
- A proven track record of building and managing an effective team, supporting their development and managing their performance.
- Previous experience of building, developing and managing effective partnerships with internal and external stakeholders in the community, voluntary, statutory and political settings
- Previous successful experience of working in suicide prevention or mental health
- Awareness of the issues around safeguarding and how these can affect young people and adults at risk.
- Degree level or professional qualification in Health, Nursing, Social Work, Community Work or related discipline
Salary: NJC Scale SCP 29 - 32 (£32,910 pa progressing incrementally to £35,745 pa)
Hours: 36 hours per week Contract: Permanent Location: Cardiff
Please visit our website to review the full job description and person specification for the role. To apply for the position please complete the application form on our website detailing how you meet the criteria for the role. Please return your completed application by email to the HR department or by post to HR, Unit 2, Bankside, Warrington, WA1 1UP.
Closing date: midnight on 12th December 2021
Interview dates: 1st stage interview will be held remotely w/c 20th December 2021, (if successful) 2nd stage interview will be face to face at our office in Cardiff w/c 3rd January 2022
PAPYRUS is committed to the principle of equal opportunity in employment and its employment policies for recruitment are designed to ensure that no job applicant or employee receives less favourable treatment on the grounds of age, disability, gender re-assignment, marriage and civil partnership, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief, sex or sexual orientation.
PAPYRUS is committed to safeguarding all children, young people and adults at risk that interact with the organisation. The organisation recognises its responsibility to safeguard the welfare of these vulnerable groups by a commitment to procedures to protect them. The group expects all staff and volunteers to fully support and promote these commitments.
The client requests no contact from agencies or media sales.