PAPYRUS is the national UK charity dedicated to the prevention of suicide and the promotion of positive mental health and emotional wellbeing in young people.
DESIGNATION Suicide Prevention Adviser
HOURS 30 hours per week
Mainly unsocial hours including weekends (predominantly weekend and evening working)
SALARY NJC Scale 23-25 (£26,470 - £28,221) + 5% Pension contribution
LOCATION Registered Office, Warrington
RESPONSIBLE TO HOPELINEUK Manager
PURPOSE OF POST
To advise and support service users and other stakeholders through our helpline, literature and outreach services to help prevent young suicides
Head of Helpline Services; CEO; Staff and Volunteers; Chairman; Board of Trustees; PAPYRUS Members; Press Office.
MAIN DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Help to deliver HOPELINEUK (the PAPYRUS national helpline) as part of a team participating in shift cover on a rota system, with a significant amount of weekend and evening working.
- Help to deliver PAPYRUS online support for young people and those concerned about their mental health.
- Contribute to the advice and information PAPYRUS provides on its website, its social media portals and in its literature for the public and stakeholders.
- Deliver presentations on PAPYRUS and training on suicide prevention to stakeholders.
- Engage with and support members and stakeholders when required.
- Work directly with young people as key stakeholders when required.
- Contribute to PAPYRUS Campaigns as outlined in the Strategic Plan.
- Help to plan, contribute to and attend PAPYRUS training, conferences and seminars as required.
- Contribute to the ongoing maintenance of an up-to-date information database.
- Contribute to quality control systems for our suicide prevention services.
- Respect confidentiality and manage data according to PAPYRUS policy.
- Understand your duties and manage any matters relating to safeguarding of children and vulnerable adults within PAPYRUS policy.
- Attend and contribute constructively to regular line management supervision, clinical supervision and appraisal protocols.
- Attend training courses as required.
- ADDITIONAL DUTIES
It is the nature of the work of PAPYRUS prevention of young suicides that tasks and responsibilities are in many circumstances, unpredictable and varied. All staff are, therefore, expected to work in a flexible way when the occasion arises and when tasks not specifically covered in their job description have to be undertaken. These additional duties will normally be to cover unforeseen circumstances or changes in work and they will normally be compatible with the regular type of work. If the additional responsibility or task becomes a regular or frequent part of the member of staff’s job, it will be included in the job description in consultation with the member of staff.
It is expected that all PAPYRUS employees understand that our work is confidential and that neither details about those who use its services nor any other PAPYRUS business should be divulged to members of the public. A confidentiality agreement must be signed on taking up this post. Further details are outlined in the PAPYRUS Confidentiality Policy.
- BASIC PRINCIPLES
The post holder is expected to be familiar with and have regard to the ethos and values of PAPYRUS and work within that framework. He/she must be prepared to operate without prejudice to all who approach PAPYRUS or work with the organisation at any level.
- CONDITIONS OF SERVICE
Conditions of Service are broadly in line with those set out by the National Joint Council for Local Government Services. PAPYRUS has a probationary period of 6 months for all posts. Appointment to this post may be subject to satisfactory Enhanced CRB Disclosure and/or completion of Vetting and Barring Scheme checks.
See Person Specification
The application form for this role can be found on our website.
Please do not send your CV as this will not be considered as part of your application.
Applications must be submitted using the online application only.
The client requests no contact from agencies or media sales.