PAPYRUS is the national UK charity dedicated to the prevention of suicide and the promotion of positive mental health and emotional wellbeing in young people.
Volunteer Coordinator – North West England
PAPYRUS Prevention of Young Suicide is the national charity for the prevention of young suicide, founded in 1997. We have grown very successfully since then and currently have bases in Warrington, Birmingham, London, Cardiff and Belfast.
We are looking to recruit a Volunteer Coordinator to promote volunteering for PAPYRUS across the North West of England and recruit, engage and manage volunteers to support the work of the charity.
To be successful in this role you will have:
- Proven experience of recruiting, supporting, engaging and managing volunteers
- Previous experience working in a community setting, delivering information and training sessions, leading workshops or educational activities
- A proven track record of networking and building and managing effective relationships, tailoring the approach to meet the differing needs of the audience
- Experience of using own initiative and creativity to develop a project, programme or area of work
- Ability to accurately record and manage data and report on outcomes to deadlines
- Ability to travel to different locations across the North West region including Cumbria, Lancashire, Greater Manchester, Merseyside and Cheshire to attend meetings and events
Salary: NJC Scale SCP 18-23 (£24,982 -£27,741)
Please visit our website to review the full job description and person specification for the role. To apply for the position please complete the application form on our website detailing how you meet the criteria for the role. Please return your completed application to our HR email address or to HR, PAPYRUS, Unit 1 Bankside, Warrington, WA1 1UP.
Closing date: 30th April 2021
PAPYRUS is committed to the principle of equal opportunity in employment and its employment policies for recruitment are designed to ensure that no job applicant or employee receives less favourable treatment on the grounds of age, disability, gender re-assignment, marriage and civil partnership, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief, sex or sexual orientation.
PAPYRUS is committed to safeguarding all children, young people and adults at risk that interact with the organisation. The organisation recognises its responsibility to safeguard the welfare of these vulnerable groups by a commitment to procedures to protect them. The group expects all staff and volunteers to fully support and promote these commitments.
The client requests no contact from agencies or media sales.