Are you passionate about food, families and fairness? We are looking for a highly motivated, skilled, and enthusiastic professional to lead our Kitchen Club programme across up to five settings, including management responsibility for a small team.
About Parent Club
Parent Club works in partnership with community settings to deliver ‘Kitchen Club’ sessions, where early years families work together to create a delicious, vegetarian lunch with low-cost ingredients. Early learning resources are also provided, encouraging parents to chat, read and play with their children.
Sessions are informal and there is no pressure to get involved, but, through careful planning, we aim to make it easier for parents to connect with each other and improve their skills in a fun, friendly environment.
As well as promoting healthy eating, our approach combines aspects of community psychology, child development theory and adult learning to deliver outcomes in five key areas:
- Parent wellbeing
- Family nutrition
- Confidence in cooking ability
- Knowledge and skills around child development
- Knowledge of local support services and activities
With a specific focus on engaging parents who lack confidence and are socially isolated or vulnerable, we aim to be accessible for families who may not feel comfortable in more formal settings. Wherever possible, we include families in decision-making, for example about what to cook each week or which activities to provide for children.
About the role
As Project Leader, you will:
- Plan and deliver high quality sessions, with engaging activities for parents and children
- Manage the work of support staff and volunteers
- Manage relationships with professionals in partner settings, including senior staff
- Ensure that systems for monitoring, impact and evaluation are used properly
- Work with the Chief Executive to improve service delivery, including model refinement and programme design
You will have excellent interpersonal skills and a commitment to making a positive difference. You may have a background in community work, early years provision, parent support, teaching or catering. Above all, you will be passionate about working through relationships to support families with young children.
Parent Club is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and Adults at Risk. The successful applicant will be required to undertake an enhanced DBS check.
The client requests no contact from agencies or media sales.