Imagine not being able to move, sleep, or smile. Feeling anxious or depressed and struggling to think or remember. Your body not feeling like your own. This is what Parkinson's can feel like.
Your mum, son or friend. Anyone can get Parkinson’s, young or old. Every hour, two people in the UK are told they have Parkinson's – a progressive neurological condition. It causes problems in the brain and gets worse over time. Currently there is no cure.
We’re close to major breakthroughs. Funding the right research into the most promising treatments, we get closer to a cure every day.
Until then, we're here for everyone affected by Parkinson’s. Fighting for fair treatment and better services.
We are Parkinson's UK. Powered by people. Together we'll find a cure. Join us.
About the role
Are you a driven, passionate leader of excellence and service improvement? Want to play a critical role in getting the voice of people affected by Parkinson’s being heard and being at the core of UK health and social care services?
Then we have the role for you!
You’ll be responsible for inspiring, challenging and partnering with the health and social care professional community to drive significant improvements in Parkinson’s services across the UK. You’ll work closely with the Excellence Network Clinical Leadership team and be accountable for delivering the charity’s strategic objectives to improve standards of care in Parkinson’s services according to the needs and priorities of people affected by Parkinson’s. You’ll also build strong collaborative working relationships with your fellow associate director and director colleagues to deliver our newly launch 2020-2024 strategy in a way that supports the transformation of Parkinson’s UK for those people affected by Parkinson’s.
What you'll do
- Inspire, challenge and work closely with Excellence Network colleagues, specifically the Clinical Lead and wider team, to develop our Network of professionals and achieve the charity’s strategic objectives to drive up standards of care for people affected.
- Position the Excellence Network as sector leading with key decision makers in health and social care, maximise funding opportunities and embed the Network and Parkinson’s UK services as key partners in the health and social care sector.
- Champion, understand and drive the innovative use of digital health technology and data to meet the needs and priorities of people affected by Parkinson’s.
- Create an environment where Parkinson’s UK teams can flourish as they innovate, devise and deliver sector leading service development, professional engagement, education and workforce development plans and to ensure continuity of care for people affected by Parkinson’s.
What you'll bring
To be successful in this role, you’ll be/have:
- An authentic and inspirational leader who successfully motivates teams.
- A strategic thinker with proven experience translating concepts into practice.
- Excellent interpersonal and influencing skills, with the ability to position yourself as opinion leader within relevant communities.
- Substantial experience in professional and service development in health and social care.
If you have the skills and experience we are looking for we would love to hear from you!
To apply, please download the job description and submit a CV and supporting statement. The supporting statement should detail your suitability for the position based on the criteria of the 'what you'll bring' section of the job description. It is important that you are able to satisfy each of the stated criteria as this will be used as part of the shortlisting process.
Closing date: 04/02/2020
Telephone pre-screening will be held week commencing 10 February 2020.
Successful candidates will then be invited to an assessment centre on Wednesday 21 February 2020.
Parkinson's UK promotes a healthy work life balance with generous holiday allowance, flexi-time and flexible working. For more information on our benefits, please visit our website.