This is an exciting time for Parkinson’s UK, we want to reach as many people as possible so we can improve life for everyone affected by Parkinson’s. We are looking for people to join our network, make genuine connections, and be part of a larger team that works together to support the Parkinson’s community.
About the role
This is your chance to make an impact to improve and develop how we communicate locally to build our communities. We want people to know about the fantastic opportunities to get involved locally, volunteering and participating in our growing local community development.
Working with colleagues and people living with Parkinson’s, you’ll identify, and create digital and offline content, and consistent messaging to inspire, motivate and engage the Parkinson’s community. You’ll share and signpost to expert advice, activities and opportunities and inspire people to be part of and shape the work of the charity at UK and local levels.
What you’ll do
- Lead on the development and implementation of the England Team community communications plan, to maximise community interest and engagement with our local work.
- Work collaboratively with communications colleagues across the charity to ensure effective audience planning and consistent, cohesive and complementary messaging
- Use insight and data to understand audience need and motivation, and use these in your content creation.
- Work collaboratively with people with Parkinson’s to build content that meets their needs.
- Create, publish and approve high quality, user-friendly on brand content across local networks programmes.
What you’ll bring
- Skilled communicator at all levels - able to deliver complex messages to a range of audiences effectively
- Demonstrable experience of creating communications plans that deliver on organisational priorities and meet audience needs.
- Content creation experience (digital and offline) and an understanding of how messaging and content enhances a brand.
- Knowledge of content management systems.
- Experience of using analysis tools to monitor and report on performance and of analysing and interpreting data to inform recommendations for strategic decision making
What's it like to work for us?
We aim to find a cure and improve life for everyone affected by Parkinson's - and you could help us achieve this.
We offer a variety of paid job roles and volunteer opportunities both at our UK office in London and across the UK