Imagine not being able to move, sleep, or smile. Feeling anxious or depressed and struggling to think or remember. Your body not feeling like your own. This is what Parkinson's can feel like. Your mum, son or friend. Anyone can get Parkinson’s, young or old. Every hour, two people in the UK are told they have Parkinson's – a progressive neurological condition. It causes problems in the brain and gets worse over time. Currently there is no cure.
We’re close to major breakthroughs. Funding the right research into the most promising treatments, we get closer to a cure every day. Until then, we're here for everyone affected by Parkinson’s. Fighting for fair treatment and better services.
We are Parkinson's UK. Powered by people. Together we'll find a cure. Join us.
About the role
We have an exciting opportunity for a dynamic and talented content editor to join our information content team.
Working within a highly collaborative directorate, you’ll write, edit and optimise high-quality health and care content on living well with Parkinson’s in print and digital.
Our information content is extremely popular and highly valued by the Parkinson’s community. By joining the team you’ll be playing a critical role in providing the best support for people affected by the condition.
What you'll do
- Develop evidence-based information content for print and digital channels.
- Develop resources for health and care professionals and take a leading role in health and social care professional engagement.
- Make sure information content effectively meets the target audience’s needs by involving users in development and evaluation, and testing and optimising digital information content.
What you'll bring
- Excellent writing and editing skills, good attention to detail, and extensive experience of writing accessible and usable digital content.
- Experience of producing health and care information and writing for a variety of audiences including health and care professionals.
- Ability to communicate complex information on Parkinson’s and related subjects in easy-to-understand, plain English.
- Experience of operating in a modern digital workplace, including using digital tools to work collaboratively and productively.
This is an exciting time for Parkinson’s UK and we would love you to join us!