About the role
We have an exciting opportunity for an experienced SQL Developer to join our Data Services Team at a time of growth and change for the charity. We have bold ambitions for the next couple of years as we go into a new strategy, and key to our work is moving from Legacy systems to a modern data and application architecture which supports communications, customer/supporter relationships, reporting and insight.
You’ll be core to the work that will support our approach to providing a single customer view, whilst also delivering developments that support business as usual during the migration period, and require a mix of both old and new technologies. You’ll also be directly involved in the provision of reports. All of these support communications with our various external audiences and have a direct impact on the lives of people affected by Parkinson’s. You’ll work closely with other members of the Data Services Team (including the Senior Data Visualisation Analyst), Business Change Team, and stakeholders from around the organisation.
What you'll do:
- Plan, implement and deliver complex data driven projects
- Implement data warehouse solutions using modern technology to support analysis and the charity’s strategic goals
- Design and develop repeatable processes using Extract, Transform and Load (ETL) tools to move data to and from various systems, using both traditional and new technologies
What you'll bring:
- Proven experience of data warehouse development
- Proven experience of ETL tools
- Advanced knowledge of SQL Server
- Experience of Python programming language
This is an exciting time for Parkinson’s UK and we would love you to join us!
The selection process will take place over three separate stages which will involve a:
- telephone interview
- technical scenario
- formal interview
Telephone interviews will be held on Friday 29 November 2019.
Parkinson's UK promotes a healthy work life balance with generous holiday allowance, flexi-time and flexible working. For more information on our benefits, please visit our website.