England Area Manager – West
£52,000 per annum
35 hours per week
Parkinson’s UK is the Parkinson’s support and research charity. Among our greatest strengths are our people, the enthusiasm of our local groups and supporters, and the commitment of our staff.
Following an internal promotion, we are recruiting for an area manager to cover the west of England. This role will provide leadership for a dispersed, multi-disciplinary team of staff and volunteers. As an ambassador representing the charity, you will be required to raised the profile of our work across the west of England through skilled networking and relationship building.
You will give leadership to our work to develop local support for people living with Parkinson’s across the west of England, from the West Midlands to Cornwall. You will be responsible for developing and managing the annual plan and budget for Wales. You will contribute to our work to influence policy and service improvement by working alongside health and social care providers and potential partners. In addition to the above, contribute to effective fundraising to sustain and develop our work.
To be successful in the role you will:
- have a passion for involving people with Parkinson’s in all aspects of our work
- be a skilled communicator and a strategic thinker able to translate ideas and concepts into projects and plans
- experienced in leading dispersed teams of staff and volunteers
- be an authentic leader who empowers and enables staff and volunteers to give of their best
- be able to inspire and motivate people to support our work
- require an awareness of current issues surrounding disability, particularly in the field of neurological conditions and knowledge of relevant health and social care structures in both the statutory and voluntary sectors
- good working knowledge of media and communications platforms, preferably with experience as a confident spokesperson.
Key to this role is flexibility with your daily schedule and willingness to travel around the country without reliance on public transport and willing to travel around the UK as required for the role.
The position will be based from your home and you must live within the area.
For further details on how to apply, please click on the Apply on Website button. Please note, CVs will not be accepted as part of, or instead of, the application form. Please note, only candidates shortlisted for interview will be notified.
Closing date: 20 September 2017
Interview date: 6 October 2017 in Bristol
Parkinson’s UK is an equal opportunities employer. We welcome applications from disabled people, including those affected by Parkinson’s.
Parkinson’s UK is the operating name of the Parkinson’s disease Society of the United Kingdom. A charity registered in England and Wales (258197) and in Scotland (SC037554).