Our local groups provide friendship, support and activities for people living with Parkinson's, and their family and friends - all funded by voluntary donations. With your creativity, connections in the community, and positive attitude you'll be key to planning ways to raise funds that will transform the experience of living with Parkinson’s in Slough , Windsor and Maidenhead.
Why we want you
Local groups are run by volunteers who usually have experience of Parkinson's and are supported by professional staff. The local group network offers friendship and support to everyone living with Parkinson's, their families and carers across the UK.
As a Local Fundraising Volunteer, you will coordinate local activities and raise funds in support of Parkinson's UK's work to find a cure and improve life for everyone affected by Parkinson's.
What you will be doing
- Organising fundraising events and activities and developing ideas to bring each event to life
- Researching new fundraising opportunities
- Liaising with relevant Parkinson's UK staff and volunteers to help plan, promote and run fundraising events in the region
The skills you need
- A reliable and honest approach
- Good organisational and IT skills
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- A friendly and enthusiastic manner and a proactive attitude
What's in it for you
- Meet new people, get involved in events and activities and contribute to your local community
- Make a difference to those affected by Parkinson's in your area
- Develop IT, event and organisational skills