Fundraising Appeal Manager
About the role
Would you like to be at the centre of a major fundraising appeal improving lives for thousands of people across the UK?
We are looking for an organised and creative Project Manager to coordinate our upcoming multi-million pound appeal. The campaign will fund specialist nurses and therapists for Parkinson’s, making a huge difference to the lives of people living with the condition. Parkinson’s is the fastest growing neurological condition, and this work is one of the charity’s top strategic priorities for 2024 and 2025 and a crucial fundraising and communications priority.
The successful candidate will work collaboratively with fundraising and communications teams across the charity, initially focusing on Philanthropy, Trusts, Commercial Partnerships and Special Events, and later in the appeal with Individual Giving, Events, Community and Supporter Experience.
We’re looking for someone who has successfully managed diverse projects, and also has experience of working in one or more of these fundraising disciplines to ensure they can hit the ground running. We’re keen to hear from people who have a proactive and problem-solving approach, and who enjoy working with lots of different people and on varied topics.
The role will join an ambitious and supportive team coordinating projects across fundraising, and will benefit from flexible working conditions and the can-do attitude that runs through Parkinson’s UK’s Fundraising and Experience directorate. The post-holder will have the opportunity to learn from colleagues in several fundraising teams, growing their own skills and knowledge.
What you’ll do:
- Operationally plan and project manage the charity’s multi-year fundraising appeal, leading on preparatory work and building systems and processes to ensure its success.
- Prepare project and campaign materials to support fundraising colleagues and volunteers with promotion and marketing, specific proposals, pitches and events.
- Work collaboratively with colleagues across the Fundraising Directorate to identify existing and new supporters to share appeal plans and materials with
- Set specific targets for the appeal and track financial performance from pipeline through to banked income.
What you’ll bring:
- Experience of planning and project managing fundraising appeals and campaigns (or similar complex projects), leading to achievement of goals and targets.
- Highly organised and able to manage a range of activities across different teams, encouraging and motivating colleagues to support the project goals and creating compelling project updates and reports.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and confident working with key stakeholders at many levels within the charity.
- Knowledge of key fundraising disciplines, including having worked with high value audiences or experience of digital marketing and engagement.
This is an exciting time for Parkinson’s UK and we would love you to join us!
Please apply by sending us your CV, together with a detailed supporting statement which will fully demonstrate how you meet all the criteria of the role, as stated in the ‘’What you’ll bring’’ section of the job description.
Interviews to take place w/c 4 December 2023
Anyone can get Parkinson’s. It’s vital that the people who work for Parkinson’s UK are representative of our diverse community. We actively encourage people from all sections of the community to apply, regardless of race, ethnicity, gender identity, age, disability, sexual orientation, or religion.