Imagine not being able to move, sleep, or smile. Feeling anxious or depressed and struggling to think or remember. Your body not feeling like your own. This is what Parkinson's can feel like.
Every hour, two people in the UK are told they have Parkinson's - a brain condition that turns lives upside down, leaving a future full of uncertainty.
Parkinson’s UK is a people-powered movement. Together we will find the cure, and improve life for everyone affected by Parkinson’s. Join us!
About the role
We have an exciting role for a dynamic and talented individual to join our IT team. This is a role with a huge opportunity to impact in a time of growth and change for the charity. You’ll play a key role in the transformational IT team ensuring that the infrastructure and IT Support Services support the charity’s strategic objectives and needs of its 500+ employees and volunteers.
You’ll be responsible for developing and supporting the IT Network and Network Hardware Infrastructure for the charity. This includes both day-to-day business as usual activities and responsibility for implementing specific strategic software and hardware infrastructure changes.
What you'll do
- Provide the charity’s staff and IT Team with professional third level support, both face to face and by telephone, for requests, incidents and problems, acting as an escalation point for 1st and 2nd line support issues
- Ensure that appropriate patches and upgrades are applied to our Azure and on-premise environment, build and deploy additional Azure/ on-premise servers as required
- Ensure that all IT infrastructure documentation is up-to-date and accurate
- Ensure the charity is provided with a highly available, resilient and secure IT infrastructure
What you'll bring
- Excellent working knowledge of technologies including, core Microsoft products such as Windows Server, SQL Server, Azure, VMware, Hyper-V, Active Directory, group policies, backup technologies, administering firewalls
- Strong verbal and written communication skills with the ability to explain complex technologies in plain English
- Experience of researching new technologies and building proof of concept solutions
- Knowledge of service desk solutions, preferably Jira Service Desk with Confluence
- Proven track record of planning and scoping new projects and installations
If the role sounds of interest to you and you want to be part of a charity that is transforming how technology is creating forward looking information systems, we would be delighted to hear from you!
Parkinson's UK promotes a healthy work life balance with generous holiday allowance, flexi-time and flexible working. Please see our website for more information on our benefits.
For further details on how to apply, please click on the Apply button. Please note, supporting statements must demonstrate how you meet all the essential criteria of the person specification.
Please note, only candidates shortlisted for interview will be notified.
Closing date: 01 July 2019
Interview date: 10 July 2019
Parkinson’s UK is an equal opportunities employer. We welcome applications from disabled persons, including those with Parkinson’s disease.
Parkinson’s UK is the operating name of the Parkinson’s Disease Society of the United Kingdom. A charity registered in England and Wales (258197) and in Scotland (SC037554).