Imagine not being able to move, sleep, or smile. Feeling anxious or depressed and struggling to think or remember. Your body not feeling like your own. This is what Parkinson's can feel like.
Your mum, son or friend. Anyone can get Parkinson’s, young or old. Every hour, two people in the UK are told they have Parkinson's – a progressive neurological condition. It causes problems in the brain and gets worse over time. Currently there is no cure.
We’re close to major breakthroughs. Funding the right research into the most promising treatments, we get closer to a cure every day.
Until then, we're here for everyone affected by Parkinson’s. Fighting for fair treatment and better services.
We are Parkinson's UK. Powered by people. Together we'll find a cure. Join us.
About the role
You’ll help tell the stories of our passionate fundraisers through national and regional press, inspiring more people to donate their money and time to support the work that we do. Developing and delivering creative communications campaigns that support our growing number of fundraising initiatives.
In doing so, you’ll enable us to raise the funds that will allow us to further our life-changing research and continue to support people affected by the condition.
What you'll do
- Identify and create media opportunities to deliver positive coverage which helps raise condition awareness and understanding
- Co-create and deliver creative bespoke communications plans around the charity’s fundraising initiatives,key individual supporters and celebrities/VIPs
- Monitor, evaluate and report on personal coverage as well as leading on reporting of overall fundraising campaigns
What you'll bring
- Experience of working on successful media campaigns and generating coverage to support fundraising events
- Strong understanding of working with case studies and an awareness of the associated GDPR requirements
- Ability to identify and create newsworthy stories
This is an exciting time for Parkinson’s UK and we would love you to join us!
Closing date: 26 January
Interviews will be held on 3 February
Parkinson's UK promotes a healthy work life balance with generous holiday allowance, flexi-time and flexible working. For more information on our benefits, please visit our website.