Parkinson's Local Adviser - Northern Ireland
This is an exciting time for Parkinson’s UK, we want to reach as many people as possible so we can improve life for everyone affected by Parkinson’s. We are looking for people to join our network, make genuine connections, and be part of a larger team that works together to support the Parkinson’s community.
About the role
We are recruiting for two roles to join our Northern Ireland team, both are offered on 25 hours per week.
You’ll empower your clients to take actions for themselves or will advocate on their behalf for better service, support and outcomes, so they can live their life with Parkinson's in the way they choose.
You’ll deliver tailored information and support through a range of channels including telephone, video and email and, where appropriate, home visits and in community settings.
You’ll be responsible for building excellent relationships with healthcare professionals and other relevant agencies, as well as our network of volunteers and groups.
What you'll do:
- Provide professional person centred, in depth support to clients by a range of means, ensuring the most efficient and effective use of resources.
- Provide support on a variety of health and social care issues, including appropriate emotional, employment and welfare benefits support and advocating with and on behalf of clients.
- Work flexibly across the service responding to enquiries through a range of channels.
- Work closely with clinicians, specialist nurses and other professional colleagues to raise the profile of the service, increase depth of support and achieve improved outcomes for people with Parkinson’s.
What you'll bring:
- Experience of managing and delivering individual case work, including advocating for clients and supporting people to navigate the health and social care system
- Experience and understanding of safeguarding and your role in keeping clients safe and implementing organisational policies and procedure
- Ability to be calm and use emotional intelligence in challenging casework
- Demonstrable digital competence, with experience of effective use of a range of tools including online case management systems
- The ability to build effective working relationships with others including working within multi disciplinary teams internally and externally
Candidates must live in Northern Ireland in order to carry out this role.
We are operating rolling recruitment for this vacancy and reviewing applications as they are received. We reserve the right to close this vacancy when we receive sufficient applications for the role. Therefore, if you are interested, please submit your application as early as possible.
The successful candidate will be required to:
- live in the area specified (Northern Ireland), hold a full driving licence and be able to travel freely and flexibly throughout Northern Ireland and occasionally further afield without reliance on public transport
- provide occasional cover on Saturdays and/or Bank holidays
- provide their own broadband service with a minimum download speed of 2Mb
This role will require an enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check. You’ll be required to apply for one; refusal to do so will result in the offer being withdrawn.
Anyone can get Parkinson’s. It’s vital that the people who work for Parkinson’s UK are representative of our diverse community. We actively encourage people from all sections of the community to apply, regardless of race, ethnicity, gender identity, age, disability, sexual orientation, or religion.