Imagine not being able to move, sleep, or smile. Feeling anxious or depressed, struggling to think or remember. Your body not feeling like your own. This is what Parkinson's can feel like.
Your mum, son or friend. Anyone can get Parkinson's, young or old. Every hour, two people in the UK are told they have Parkinson's - a brain condition that can turn lives upside down. It get worse over time and there's no cure. Yet.
We're close to major breakthroughs. Funding the right research into the most promising treatments, we get closer to a cure every day.
Until then, we're here for everyone affected by Parkinson's. Fighting for fair treatment and better services.
We are Parkinson's Uk. Powered by people. Together we'll find a cure. Join us!
About the role
We are looking for a Regional Fundraiser to work across East Scotland (mainly Edinburgh, Dundee and Stirling). To be working at Parkinson’s UK at this time could well be a career high and a life event for all of us. We’re moving fast now to deliver better treatments and maybe a cure for Parkinson’s within years, not decades, and you would be part of the team dedicated to providing support and advice to thousands of individuals, groups, local businesses and event participants across England, Scotland, Wales and Northern Ireland to create the funding to make this possible. What could be a better career reward than that?
What you'll do
- Develop and deliver ambitious local fundraising plans and budgets
- Support, network , motivate and manage a portfolio of individual supporters to fundraise for Parkinson’s UK
- Lead on the development and delivery of a portfolio of local fundraising events
- Develop streams of local fundraising in allocated area, including community support, local corporate activity and some major donor work
What you'll bring
- Demonstrable experience of general fundraising principles in at least two of the following disciplines: events, community, corporate, major donor.
- Experience of networking/people skills and volunteer management
- Experience of setting and managing budgets to achieve agreed target and working effectively to plan and organise work to meet deadlines.
- Effective communication and listening skills and the ability to work in a modern workplace
This is an exciting time for Parkinson’s UK and we would love you to join us! To find out more about this role, please click on the Apply button.
Parkinson's UK promotes a healthy work life balance with generous holiday allowance, flexi-time and flexible working. For more information on our benefits, please visit our webiste.