Imagine not being able to move, sleep, or smile. Feeling anxious or depressed and struggling to think or remember. Your body not feeling like your own. This is what Parkinson's can feel like.
Every hour, two people in the UK are told they have Parkinson's - a brain condition that turns lives upside down, leaving a future full of uncertainty.
Parkinson’s UK is a people-powered movement. Together we will find a cure, and improve life for everybody affected by Parkinson’s. Join us!
About the role
To be working at Parkinson’s UK at this time could well be a career high and a life event for all of us. We’re moving fast now to deliver better treatments and maybe a cure for Parkinson’s within years, not decades and you would be part of the Supporter Care and Regional Fundraising Operations team.
Within this exciting role, you will work with the Regional Fundraising Operations Team and other members of the Parkinson’s UK Fundraising Directorate, to ensure effective delivery of the Regional Fundraising strategy and meet the increased demand in income, necessitated by significant growth and development of the charity.
What you’ll do:
In this role, you will:
- Work effectively as a team to provide a welcoming, efficient, proactive and professional service to supporters and potential supporters of Parkinson’s UK
- Engage with supporters to spot opportunities for Parkinson’s Uk to further build and develop relationships
- Be responsible for actively delivering projects and product development work as identified by the Regional Fundraising Management team
What you’ll bring:
The ideal candidate will be able to demonstrate:
- Commitment and experience of effective customer service/supporter care
- Demonstrable experience of working with a relational database, and accurate data entry
- Experience of handling front line fundraising enquiries along with the ability to forge excellent relationships with prospective donors, colleagues, Parkinson’s UK local groups, members and volunteers
This is an exciting time for Parkinson’s Uk and we would love you to join us!
Closing date: 3 November
Interviews will take place: 13 November
Parkinson's UK promotes a healthy work life balance with generous holiday allowance, flexi-time and flexible working. Please see our website for more information on our benefits.
For further details on how to apply, please click on the Apply button. Please note, supporting statements must demonstrate how you meet all the essential criteria of the person specification. Only candidates shortlisted for interview will be notified.
Parkinson’s UK is an equal opportunities employer. We welcome applications from disabled persons, including those with Parkinson’s disease.
Parkinson’s UK is the operating name of the Parkinson’s Disease Society of the United Kingdom. A charity registered in England and Wales (258197) and in Scotland (SC037554).