Social Media Officer
What the role
You’ll have responsibility for the day to day management and execution of Parkinson's UK’s social media channels, providing an engaging experience for people affected by the condition and growing our reach and support within defined audiences. You'll lead on social media best practice, identifying opportunities for increasing participation and creating engaging content based on audience need and experience.
You’ll get involved in local Parkinson's UK communities across the UK (England, Scotland, Northern Ireland and Wales), supporting the teams in the communities and regions to reach their audiences and build their communities and grow engagement.
What you’ll do:
- Develop our social media channels to grow and maintain a supportive and engaging environment for people affected by Parkinson’s and supporters
- Ensure each social channel has a clearly defined audience tone of voice and role in our communications strategy
- Develop and deliver effective strategies that optimise and grow our social media channels
- Effectively plan, deliver and manage social media activity particularly in partnership with community teams
- Monitor, improve (through testing and optimisation) and report on the performance and effectiveness of social media content and campaigns
What you’ll bring:
- Experience and passion for developing and managing social media channels and communities
- Experience of planning, delivering and optimising social media campaigns
- Experience of working to brand guidelines and house style guides to produce content
- Experience of managing and coordinating multiple cross-channel projects, working with several different stakeholders
- Experience of co-creating content with users and managing user generated content
Sounds like you? We would love to hear from you.
Interviews will be held 7/8 December 2023
Anyone can get Parkinson’s. It’s vital that the people who work for Parkinson’s UK are representative of our diverse community. We actively encourage people from all sections of the community to apply, regardless of race, ethnicity, gender identity, age, disability, sexual orientation, or religion.