PARN are seeking a Membership & Communications Coodinator. This is an exciting time to join the PARN team at a key point in its development cycle. The new post holder will join the team in helping to shape the future of PARN. The role would suit a graduate with some membership development experience and a sound communication background. We are looking for an innovative problem solver who likes a challenge and to get things gone.
ABOUT THE ROLE
Job Title: Membership & Communications Coordinator
Reports to: Deputy CEO
Salary: Up to £23,000 depending on experience
Location: Remote (Occasionally the PARN Team may be required to meet, if so these meetings will take place in central Bristol)
The Membership & Communications Coordinator will interact with all members of the PARN team along with, external suppliers, sponsors, conference speakers and delegates but most especially with PARN members. This is a chance for a self-starter to make a role their own.
The post holder will be expected to coordinate PARN’s member relations, help grow membership numbers and promote and support PARN’s events and training courses. Whilst taking responsibility for the successful running of all membership activities, the actions and responsibility for delivering these will often be undertaken by others. In these circumstances the post holder will ensure these are well planned and delivered.
- Together with the Deputy CEO set and achieve annual targets for membership recruitment and retention
- Take responsibility for the day to day organisation, implementation and proactive delivery of membership services, including coordination of membership subscriptions and renewals.
- Establish and maintain all membership processes
- Maintain and assist with membership to special interest groups, liaising with Steering Group volunteers, facilitating events and disseminating necessary materials
- Maintain and update membership contact database (IMiS - CRM system)
- Ensure good communications of all member benefits
- Coordinate PARN contacts with member organisations, liaising with PARN staff to communicate specific information to members
- Plan all member communications (Sector news, e-shots and mail-merges, social media)
- Create e-shots for forthcoming events and activities
- Brand management – create new marketing collateral and materials
- Build first class relationships with key contacts at member organisations
- Research, collate and produce reports for internal team and strategy meetings. Contribute to membership strategy at these meetings.
- Support with implementation of specific marketing activities relevant to membership
- Contribute to production of written materials for web site and promotional documentation
- Update information on the website, ensuring it’s kept up to date and relevant
- Provide membership information to support promotional and recruitment campaigns
- Ensure that training events meet member needs and training requirements suggesting adjustments and changes as appropriate.
- Be an active contributor to the regular PARN team and strategy meetings
- Take an interest in and have knowledge of PARN strategy, business and financial objectives and performance
- Proofread reports and communications from across the team
- Excellence in written and verbal communications
- Great relationship building skills
- Membership development experience with good customer facing skills
- Comfortable and confident with working on the telephone to sell membership
- Experience managing websites using a Content Management System
- Experience in supporting marketing campaigns
- Experience of managing contact lists
- Self starter with strong organisational skills
- Excellent eye for detail
- Computer literate and experienced in using Microsoft Office packages
PARN currently has around 130 member organisations mostly in the UK (with some in Ireland, Australia and Canada). It operates a rolling monthly membership cycle and a busy calendar of meetings, events and training courses aimed at both members and non member professional bodies.
The PARN Team works remotely with the occasional requirment to attend meetings which are held in Bristol. We hold a number of events and meetings each year outside Bristol. There will be some requirement to attend these, but only by prior arrangement.
Salary offered up to £23,000 dependent upon experience. Contributory pension