We are looking to recruit a Marketing & Communications Executive to join our growing team and contribute to the success of projects run by our teams in Africa, UK and Europe.
This is an exciting role that provides an opportunity to develop skills in CMS management, social media marketing, digital communications, lead generation, and content development – setting you on a path for progression within the organisation or building your skill set for future roles.
You will be working in a purpose-driven organisation seeking to create a better future for business, society and the environment. You will be responsible for planning and executing marketing and communications plans so that our messaging reaches the right people at the right time to ensure the success of our programmatic initiatives. The role initially is for a one year contract, with scope for this position to become permanent.
Specific tasks include:
- Managing B2B marketing and PR communications to increase awareness and recognition of the organisation including;
- Developing original content and leveraging it through marketing channels
- Updating website content via our CMS (WordPress) including web pages, case studies and blog posts
- Spearheading social media strategy to drive follower growth and engagement, including researching suitable influencers and curating content for different social channels, primarily Twitter and LinkedIn. Research into additional social media channels would be welcome.
- Occasionally create content for promotional material such as brochures, flyers etc.
- Collateral design – liaise with designers on collateral design, including news, case studies, blogs, videos, brochures, flyers etc.
- PR - Write sector press releases for media outreach activities. Build relationships with relevant journalists and sector partners and secure speaker slots at relevant conferences
- Event Communications - Create and manage event and conference communications across digital platforms and email.
- Internal Communications - Create staff bulletin and other all staff communications as required.
- Reporting- maintaining the quarterly marketing communications reporting dashboard, monthly social media overview and other reporting as needed.
- Working with the PA team throughout an event/programme cycle to meet participation targets;
- Managing our Salesforce CRM and achieve targets for database growth;
- Evaluate marketing campaigns using Google Analytics and reporting on media partners' results;
- Providing final proof-reading for external documents.
The Partner Africa team is a very small team, so the Masrketing and Communications Executive may be required to support other activities from time to time.
The successful candidate will have the following skills and experience:
- A commitment to and enthusiasm for Partner Africa’s mission and work.
- Excellent written and verbal communication with a great attention to detail.
- Ability to multi-task and work well in a fast-moving environment.
- Flexible under pressure but deadline oriented.
- Team player, able to build relationships with key internal and external contacts.
- Marketing and communications experience, including: digital comms/social media.
- Proactive and self-motivated;
- Experience of using Microsoft Office and Adobe Creative Suite (particularly, InDesign, Photoshop, Illustrator, Premiere).
- Experience of writing press releases and some media outreach
- Data analysis and reporting.
- Best practice knowledge of Facebook, LinkedIn, Twitter, and other social media platforms.
- Ability to adapt approach / communication style to different audiences
- Desirable: A Knowledge of the responsible business agenda, the SDGs, the UN Guiding Principles agenda.
- Desirable: familiarity with Salesforce or another CRM platform.
- Desirable: experience working within a CMS / light HTML skills.
Educated to degree-level in marketing, communications, sustainability or relevant experience required.
Deadline for applications: 20th October 2020
Interviews the week of: 26th October or 2nd November 2020
We highly encourage applications from Black and Minority Ethnic (BAME) candidates.
The client requests no contact from agencies or media sales.