Fantastic opportunity to collaborate with partners, to share expertise, good practice and widen the delivery and impact of our programmes!
The London Gypsy and Traveller Unit is a vibrant humanitarian charity with a mission to represent and empower Gypsies and Travellers to seek equality, increase social inclusion and challenge discrimination. In partnership with the Traveller community, we use our grass-roots knowledge and experience to influence local, regional and national policy.
Are you passionate about social change?
Are you up for the challenge of building new ways of working?
LGTU is currently going through an exciting time of change as we look afresh at how we deliver change for the Gypsy and Traveller community.
To find and create opportunities for collaboration with other agencies, service providers private enterprise in order to share expertise, good practice and widen the delivery and impact of our programmes. To access new sources of funding particularly through potential partnership bids.
Salary : £28,000 pro-rata Part-time (3.5 days a week)
Location : based in Hackney
Job Type : 6 months fixed contract, flexible working , freelance considered
Role and responsibilities
- Work with CEO and other staff to assess the areas of our work that have potential for growth through collaboration and partnerships
- Gather information on potential partners in the sectors and actively build relationships in order to create new opportunities for collaborative working..
- Seek out and deliver on opportunities for partnership bids or other sources of funding and income generation.
- Develop ideas for innovative practice and models for our work, for example, developing social enterprises
Knowledge, Skills and experience
- Knowledge of the voluntary sector and/or social enterprise sector and business development
- Experience of collaborative working
- Experience of identifying and exploiting funding opportunities
- Experience of developing new models of practice within a sector
- Self starter with highly developed communication , written and spoken)
We want to hear from all interested candidates! Please click 'Apply Now' to submit your CV & Covering Letter!
Closing date 4th December
Interviews 16th December