We have an exciting opportunity for a Specialist Project Worker to join our Newman Street project based in London. You will join us in a full time, fixed term contract until June 2021, working 35 hours per week (excluding breaks). In return, you will receive a competitive salary of £28,299 per annum including London Weighting plus pension and benefits.
The Passage runs London’s largest voluntary sector resource centre for homeless and vulnerable people: each day we help up to 200 men and women.
Our Newman Street Project is a floating support service commissioned by Westminster City Council to provide support to a large residential building, housing their clients who require temporary accommodation. We create an environment in which clients and the team build trust based relationships and focus on empowering them to work towards their goals. The project focuses on housing advocacy and health interventions but works flexibly around the clients’ needs to ensure tenancy sustainment both in this and future placements.
About the role:
As our Specialist Project Worker, you will work in a psychologically informed way, to provide housing advocacy, accommodation and tenancy support solutions for clients based in temporary accommodation. You will ensure that clients are linked in with specialist services for their drug, alcohol support needs and their physical and mental health, whilst working closely with teams across the borough of Westminster and within The Passage as appropriate.
Key responsibilities of our Specialist Project Worker will include:
- Carry out in-depth assessment of client’s housing and support needs and risk levels
- Maintain positive and effective working relationships with
- Be responsible for developing and implementing a range of group activities
- Use skills in key working with clients with both mental health and substances issues to provide support through the appropriate pathways
- Keep well informed of changes and developments to relevant housing legislation and benefit systems
- Engage with other teams within The Passage and externally to ensure that a holistic support service is delivered to all clients
Our ideal Specialist Project Worker will have skills, experience, and knowledge of:
- Housing advocacy work on behalf of homeless and vulnerably housed individuals
- Working collaboratively with voluntary, statutory and private sector agencies
- Working with clients with complex and challenging health issues
- Assessing resident needs and delivering psychologically informed interventions to ensure resident needs are identified and met
- Working within a team to achieve strong and effective relationships with others to achieve organisational aims and objectives
- Developing and delivering group work for clients
- An awareness of the issues that face street homeless and vulnerable people
- Main housing legislation, homelessness reduction act, and housing options
- The issues facing people through the resettlement and tenancy sustainment process
- The skills and attitudes needed to support clients within a psychologically informed framework
- The benefits system
An enhanced DBS check will be undertaken for this role.
Closing Date: 10am, Monday 22nd June 2020
Interview Date: Wednesday 1st July 2020
If you would like to be part of this in the role of Specialist Project Worker, please click ‘apply’ now – we would love to hear from you!