Head of Finance – Reference 0922
- Band 5, London/Regional, Spine points 21-17 or 23-19
- Salary: £57,676 p.a. rising to £65,714 p.a. or £53,664 p.a. rising to £61,696 p.a.
- Based in London or Regional (Clapham, Leeds, Glasgow, Cardiff, Liverpool, Birmingham, Newcastle, Bristol)
- Finance team based across PCS Offices in London and Leeds. Post holder can be based from any PCS Location with travel to London and Leeds as required
- Hybrid working may be considered
The Public and Commercial Services Union (PCS) is a leading, modern trade union, representing employees working in the UK Civil Service and related areas. We have 183,000 members working in a wide range of jobs. We have offices across the UK in London (Clapham Junction), Glasgow, Newcastle-upon-Tyne, Liverpool, Leeds, Birmingham, Peterborough, Cardiff and Bristol.
We have completed a staffing review and are now seeking a skilled and effective individual who can contribute, as a member of the National Management Team, to the continued success of the union.
As Head of Finance, you will have a proven track record of an ability to maintain financial controls, manage financial risk, and to protect existing assets. You will provide strong leadership and managerial skill to direct the finance team over two sites and you will be proficient with reporting/ data analytics tools (such as Tableau) to analyse and interpret data, providing relevant and actionable insights to support strategic decision making.
The Head of Finance will assist the SMT to optimise the efficiency of the financial operations and contribute towards the future direction of the union. You will identify and communicate risk to the senior management before a potential problem becomes an actual crisis as well as proactively developing risk mitigation strategies based upon your analysis. By using analytics and performance metrics you will seek opportunities for not just cost savings, but also value creation through cost avoidance and proactive accounts payable risk management.
Applicants must be a Qualified Accountant (ACA,ACCA,ACMA,CIPFA or equivalent) and have a minimum 3 – 5 years’ experience.
Closing date: at 12 midday on Friday 29 July 2022
Applications must be received by the closing date and time specified.
Interviews will be held by Zoom: Wednesday 21 September 2022
Candidates invited for interview are required to make themselves available on the date/s specified. Interview dates cannot be changed to accommodate candidates who are unavailable to attend on the specified date.
- CVs will not be accepted. Only PCS application forms will be considered.
- PCS offers a generous range of benefits including assistance with childcare, extensive family-friendly schemes, generous annual leave entitlement and pension scheme.
- PCS is working towards equal opportunities and is positive about disabled people.
- All posts can be considered on a full-time, part-time or job share basis.
For further details please visit the PCS website.
The client requests no contact from agencies or media sales.