Peace Brigades International (PBI) UK are seeking a new full-time, passionate Director who will play a pivotal role in shaping our organisation, providing the strategic vision and inspiring leadership that will help us defend the defenders.
PBI is a world leading NGO working to protect and support organisations, individuals and communities speaking up for human rights and fundamental freedoms. For 40 years, our international team of offices and projects have provided life-saving support to human rights defenders in some of the most dangerous countries in the world.
PBI UK is a small organisation with a big impact. As our new Director, you will lead on strategic direction of the charity, providing the leadership and management expertise to maintain the smooth and efficient operation of projects, including fundraising. You will work closely with the Board of Trustees and PBI UK Staff to develop and implement strategic plans, and will be responsible for ensuring that activities are in line with objectives.
We are looking for a confident and agile leader with at least 10 years of varied experience across human rights, environmental justice, international affairs and development or similar, with at least 5 years in a senior management position.
Applications are welcomed from candidates who have the passion, compassion, and drive to help PBI UK succeed. We are looking for an innovative and creative leader who can hit the ground running, and who can demonstrate the following:
- Extensive knowledge of the issues that PBI UK work on – human rights, climate and environmental justice, and social equality – and how they intersect with the rights of marginalised populations
- Relevant international field experience and a familiarity with international human rights programme development
- Proven ability to advocate at the highest level, and a strong ability to build successful collaborative partnerships
- Successful management and supervision of small, agile teams
- Demonstrated ability to develop and operationalise visions, strategies, plans and campaigns
A familiarity with PBI, consensus working, and a working knowledge of Spanish is desirable.
This is a full-time, London-based, direct employment post, expected to begin no later than January 2022. Unfortunately, as a small NGO we are not able to provide support with relocation costs and UK work visa sponsorship.
Our full information pack on the Director’s role and responsibilities are attached
Please send a comprehensive CV, along with a detailed cover letter explaining your suitability for the role, no later than Friday November 12th 2021.
Any questions or requests for informal conversations about the role can be sent to admin at peacebrigades dot org dot uk