Who we are
Peace Direct is an international charity with a big mission: to work with local people to stop violence and build sustainable peace in some of the world's most conflict affected countries. More than that, we want to change the international system so that it better supports the role that local people and communities play in preventing violence and building and sustaining peace.
We are looking for an experienced Senior Programmes Finance Officer, available to start ASAP. This permanent position is based in our small, friendly London office and is well suited to an individual that is looking to work in a very hands-on role in a welcoming and supportive workplace.
The closing deadline for applications is 31st October 2021.
CV and cover letter only at this stage. Shortlisted candidates will then be asked to complete an application form.
Interviews will be held during the week commencing 08 November 2021.
We offer a salary of £35,000
Our benefits package includes:
- 25 days annual leave, plus paid leave when the office closes between Christmas and New Year.
- Study support - time off for exams, exam fees, study materials and professional body membership
- 6% Pension Contribution
- Training budget available for all staff
- Flexible working opportunities
The role involves occasional overseas travel to Peace Direct partner countries (up to 4 times per year), sometimes to remote locations, as required (post-Covid). You will have the chance to build on the strong relations we have developed with our current and potential partners and funders, identifying new opportunities and driving us forward, navigating a rapidly changing environment.
In return, we can offer you excellent benefits and a variety of activities and social events to promote health and wellbeing and enable our teams to enjoy a positive, cohesive work environment.
To join us, you will need
- Part or full accountancy qualification
- At least 2 years’ experience in charity finance
- A good understanding of UK charity SORP and fund accounting
- Experience in working with a range of donors (FCDO (DfID), SIDA, PPL, GHR, USAID and the EU) and understanding of their financial compliance
- Experience of working in a complex, multi-entity, multi-currency financial environment
- An understanding of the financial risk environment within the international development sector
- Experience in creating multicurrency budgets and in reporting in donor currency (USD or EUR)
In addition to fluent English, written and spoken French would be beneficial to your application.
Still interested? Take a look at the job description to see full details about the role and whether they match your skills and experience.
This post is only open to those with the right to work in the UK.
Peace Direct strives to be a diverse and inclusive employer, with equality of opportunities regardless of personal identity, and we are committed to improving our systems and ways of working to support this, including creating a Diversity, Equality and Inclusion (DEI) working group, DEI strategy and recruitment guidelines. We strongly encourage individuals from disadvantaged and underrepresented backgrounds to apply, including Black, Asian and Minority Ethnic (BAME), LGBTQ+, people with disabilities and people with mental health challenges.
Please supply your CV and Cover Letter.
If you are shortlisted we will request you to please complete an application form.
The client requests no contact from agencies or media sales.