Senior Programmes Officer
London, Greater London
£31,500 per year
Who we are
Peace Direct is an international charity with a big mission: to work with local people to stop violence and build sustainable peace in some of the world's most conflict affected countries. More than that, we want to change the international system so that it better supports the role that local people and communities play in preventing violence and building and sustaining peace.
We are looking for a Senior Programmes Officer to join our International Programmes and Research Team. This permanent position is based in our small, friendly London office and is responsible for leading relationships with some of local peacebuilding partners, managing a portfolio of projects and helping to develop new work. The role is varied, at times demanding and (we think!) highly rewarding.
The closing deadline for applications is 10th January 2022.
Only completed applications will be accepted. The application form and Job Description are available on Peace Direct’s website.
Interviews will be held during the weeks commencing 17th and 24th January.
Peace Direct works hard to ensure its staff have a good work-life balance and feel valued. Some of the benefits we have include:
- 25 days annual leave not including the office closing between Christmas and New Year.
- Stakeholder Pension with Peace Direct contributing 6%
- An interest free season ticket loan for the purchase of a commuter season ticket
- Flexible working hours
- Friday afternoons off to support staff wellbeing
- Enhanced maternity and adoption leave pay (12 weeks full pay, 12 weeks half pay)
- Training budget available for all staff (we have secured ‘Investors in People’ accreditation and are committed to the development and support of all staff).
- A warm and friendly work environment!
The role involves occasional overseas travel to Peace Direct partner countries (on average 4 times per year, Covid restrictions permitting), sometimes to remote and challenging locations. You will have the chance to build on the strong relations we have developed with our current and potential partners and funders, identifying new opportunities and driving our mission forward, and navigating a rapidly changing environment.
To join us, you will need
- At least four years’ relevant experience supporting programmes
- Experience of managing large complex projects
- Experience working with partner organisations in ways which are responsible, respectful and mutually accountable
- Excellent budgeting and financial management skills
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to relate to people from a broad range of backgrounds, culture and influence
- A passion for peacebuilding and a commitment to supporting local peacebuilders
- In addition to fluent English, the ability to work in Arabic or French is highly desirable
Finally, we are looking for someone who is creative, calm and adaptable even under the most challenging of circumstances. The work we support around the world is based in some of the most volatile contexts, and things often don't go according to plan. We are looking for people who thrive under these situations.
Still interested? Take a look at the job description to see full details about the role and whether they match your skills and experience.
This post is only open to those with the right to work in the UK.
Peace Direct strives to be a diverse and inclusive employer, with equality of opportunities regardless of personal identity, and we are committed to improving our systems and ways of working to support this, including creating a Diversity, Equality and Inclusion (DEI) working group, DEI strategy and recruitment guidelines. We strongly encourage individuals from disadvantaged and underrepresented backgrounds to apply, including Black, Asian and Minority Ethnic (BAME), LGBTQ+, people with disabilities and people with mental health challenges.
Peace Direct is committed to preventing and protecting all people from harm in their interactions with us. We expect all those that act in our name to uphold our approach to doing no harm and to sign up to our Safeguarding policy.
Please apply for this role with the application form attached. Thank you!
The client requests no contact from agencies or media sales.