Pecan’s Women’s Hubs are committed to working with women to build fairer futures by promoting the safety, dignity and strength of women affected by the criminal justice system and multiple disadvantage. The Women’s Hubs in Southwark and Lewisham provide gender-specific support and advocacy from two safe and welcoming centres. In addition to 1:1 advocacy support, the hubs run a programme of activities and courses aimed at building skills, confidence and community.
As Fundraising Officer, you will lead on the delivery of a fundraising strategy for Pecan’s Women’s Service, playing a pivotal role in helping us secure future funding and sustainability. You will work very closely with the Women’s Services Manager, as well as Pecan’s Partnership Manager, to develop additional income streams particularly in the areas of digital individual donors and corporate fundraising.
We are looking for an experienced fundraiser with excellent written and oral communication skills and the ability to develop and maintain important partnerships, with a strong track record of generating income from diverse funding streams. In return, you will be part of a unique and vibrant women’s specialist service, playing a key role in helping us improve and expand our provision for women facing multiple disadvantages.
We want to hear from you if you:
- Are passionate about equality and social justice
- Want to play a key role in supporting women with multiple disadvantages
- Have experience of fundraising in a women’s service or charity
- Identify and develop new relationships with corporate supporters, community groups and potential high net-worth individuals
- Recruit, manage, and support businesses and potential volunteer fundraisers, helping them to reach their fundraising potential
- Develop digital fundraising output
Key Requirements (specific skills, qualifications required):
- Two years’ experience in fundraising (voluntary or paid)
- Experience of corporate, community, or individual fundraising
- Competent in the use of fundraising CRM system(s)
- Engaging communication skills, both verbal and written
- Experience of using Blackbaud eTapestry
- Experience in fundraising for a women’s charity or project
- Understanding of the women's charity sector
- Experience of building compelling online and digital fundraising campaigns
- Working knowledge of SharePoint and Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, Outlook etc)
This post is open to female applicants only as being female is deemed to be a genuine occupational requirement under Schedule 9, Paragraph 1 of the Equality Act 2010
Please read the job description before applying. To apply please send a CV and covering letter (max 2 pages). In the covering letter please address these questions:
- Why do you want to work for Pecan?
- What does Kindness, Belief and Hope mean to you?
- Tell us about your passion for wanting to support women with multiple disadvantage.
- What is your experience of fundraising (community/corporate/digital etc)?
- What relevant other fundraising experience do you have? (include specific examples)
- What experience do you have of using digital and communication tools for fundraising?
- Is there anything else you would like to tell us?
Closing Date: Wednesday 26th May 2021, 9am
This post is open to female applicants only as being female is deemed to be a genuine occupational requirement under Schedule 9, Paragraph 1 of the Equality Act 2010. To apply please submit a CV and 2 page max cover letter addressing these questions:
1. Why do you want to work for Pecan?
2. What does Kindness, Belief and Hope mean to you?
3. Tell us about your passion for wanting to support women with multiple disadvantage.
4. What is your experience of fundraising (community/corporate/digital etc)?
5. What relevant other fundraising experience do you have? (include specific examples)
6. What experience do you have of using digital and communication tools for fundraising?
7. Anything else you would like to tell us?