Marketing and Communications Manager – Maternity Cover
PECT is an independent charity with a vision to create sustainable places. This includes a healthy natural environment, engaged communities, improved health and well-being and responsible use of resources. We champion sustainable practices to leave a lasting legacy for future generations.
Green Energy Switch (GES) is a dynamic, versatile company that delivers a broad range of energy services across the UK; specialising in working with social landlords and local authorities. Established in 2006 GES is a subsidiary of PECT. Any profits made by GES are gifted back to PECT to help fund its vital work.
Purpose of role:
This exciting role will work across the full range of PECT and GES activities. It is responsible for delivering the integrated marketing and communications strategy and for raising awareness of PECT, GES and our work. This includes regional, national, and international projects and services. This is an all-round marketing role (covering digital, social media, events, promotional materials and advertising) but is heavily weighted towards communications and public relations.
Half a day a week of the role is funded by the European Regional Development Fund (ERDF) for working on Eastern New Energy. Eastern New Energy is an ERDF funded project focused on implementing low carbon solutions. PECT is delivering a SME Grant Scheme to support investment by small businesses in energy efficiency and renewable energy projects.
Employer: PECT & GES
Based: This position will be based at PECT’s offices: Ham Lane House, Ham Lane Peterborough PE2 5UU, however, remote working will be considered.
Salary (per annum pro rata): £28,000 -£29,500
Closing Date for applications: Rolling applications welcomed
Start Date: As soon as possible
End Date: 4th March 2022
Hours/Week: 37 hours a week, flexible and part time options considered
Work outside normal hours: Occasional evening and weekend work may be required
Reports to: Director of Operations, PECT and Director, GES.
Key responsibilities – across both PECT and GES
- Deliver the marketing and communications strategy for both organisations and for key projects, ensuring that key objectives are met
- Develop and deliver promotional activities for local, national and international projects (audiences include business, schools and communities), ensuring they meet funder requirements
- Forge and develop new and existing relationships with supporters and key audiences (including the media) to motivate them to continue their support and form closer links with the organisations
- Coordinate and manage communications with the media regarding proactive and reactive enquiries in-line with protocols
- Manage reputation and public image
- Oversee events where appropriate, supervising and managing staff or contractors to ensure they deliver the best possible event
- Oversee online marketing and relevant social networking to ensure content is always up to date and engaging
- Manage contractors/services including web, design agencies to ensure projects are delivered on time and to budget
- Manage marketing budgets
- Play an active role in project delivery as appropriate
- Report marketing activity and Return on Investment to Senior Management Team and the Board of Trustees/Board of Directors
- Represent PECT and GES at meetings and events to build partnerships.
- Minimum of five years’ relevant experience in marketing and communications
- Experience of digital media, including managing and updating websites and social media
- Good understanding and experience of marketing and communications tools including online advertising, e-newsletters, events, and media relations and how they can be applied effectively.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Excellent organisational and time management skills, ability to manage projects and organise work effectively to a tight schedule and to completion
- Ability to work effectively under pressure, to prioritise and manage a wide range of tasks and to be proactive, reactive and well organised
- Proven track record of meeting challenging KPIs and targets
- Exceptional attention to detail and adept at drafting clear and concise articles and press releases.
- Track record of successful media engagement
- Strong interpersonal skills with ability to encourage collaboration
- Ability to demonstrate a high level of self-motivation and to complete tasks with the minimum of supervision
- Experience of managing contractors
- Able to work independently and use own initiative, and within a team
- Ability to transport equipment to events and undertake manual handling
- Willingness to learn and undertake training where appropriate
- Be committed to continuous professional development
- Enthusiasm for and understanding of environmental/sustainable development issues.
We prefer to receive applications electronically; however, we understand not everyone has access to the internet, therefore you can also post your application to the address below.
You may be contacted for a brief telephone interview before the formal interviews. If shortlisted for interview you may be required to prepare a presentation or complete a brief task, relevant to the role, as part of the interview.
Postal address: Ham Lane House, Ham Lane, Peterborough, PE2 5UU
For some activities, such as working directly with children on a regular basis, a DBS check may be required.
This is a description of the job, as it is constituted at the date shown. It is the practice of the Trust periodically to examine job descriptions, update them and ensure that they relate to the job performed, or to incorporate any proposed changes. The appropriate Manager in consultation with the post holder will conduct this procedure.
In these circumstances it will be the aim to reach agreement on reasonable changes, but if agreement is not possible management reserves the right to make changes to your job description following consultation.
The Job Description was compiled by Stuart Dawks on 12/11/2020
The client requests no contact from agencies or media sales.