At Peer Power, we are looking for individuals who are able to empathise with and support young people to influence change in the health and justice system.
This is an exciting opportunity for the postholder to join a small but fast growing team including; Head of Finance and Operations, Peer Engagement Worker, Office Manager and Youth Engagement and Coproduction Manager, CEO and new roles Senior Youth Worker and Training, Learning and Development Lead. We also work with a freelance fundraiser, evaluation specialist and therapists.
Due to funding from Paul Hamlyn Foundation, we can recruit our first Communications post at Peer Power. The charity goes into its fourth year in 2020, and this role is crucial to help us realise our ambitions to support more young people with their social action projects and system change activities, packaging up and delivering training outside of London and exploring routes for scaling our impact. It will suit someone looking for autonomy in their role, excited to work alongside young people and our team and wanting to ‘make their mark’ in an important and meaningful role.
Reporting to and working closely with the CEO as a senior member of a small but growing staff team, the Head of Communications and Marketing is responsible for:
- Creating and delivering our communications strategy: working with the whole team at Peer Power (including in partnership with teenagers and young adults engaged with the charity) to develop and deliver a new and successful marketing and communications strategy that promotes the organisation's work and supports projects, fundraising and corporate partnership initiatives.
- Supporting business growth: meeting personal and organisational marketing and communications targets, business objectives and income generation.
- Reinforcing organisational culture: building and maintaining a culture within the whole organisation that understands the importance of strong, clear and consistent internal and external communications.
- Advancing our mission through communications: ensuring that the organisation's communications are of the highest quality and that they support and advance our charitable objectives.
Who we are looking for: We are looking for an exceptional person, who is energetic and ambitious, and wants to contribute their time, passion and positive energy to our mission! Is this you?
- You are passionate about social justice, and utilising your communications and marketing skills and experience to really make a difference
- You have excellent inter-personal skills, values led, with a high level of social and emotional intelligence.
- You are empathic, fair and kind, and can relate to and connect with people from a wide range of backgrounds and experiences.
- You will relish the challenge and autonomy this role presents, and getting involved with all aspects of a young and growing charity.
- You are excited about coproduction and the opportunity to work alongside young people, sharing decisions and budgets.
- You enjoy working as part of a team, and can get on board with ‘consent-based decision making’ in an organisation.
- You are ambitious, looking for somewhere you can grow and build your career and you thrive working in fast paced environments where you can influence growth and innovation.
You will promote and demonstrate the values of the charity by being positive, open and honest, actively demonstrating love, empathy, respect and fairness, and will contribute actively as a key partner in the design and development of our work at Peer Power.
PART- TIME 17.5 hours
Salary £37,638 - £45,468 (Pro Rata)
The client requests no contact from agencies or media sales.