Pembroke College seeks to recruit a highly able person to be their Undergraduate Admissions Officer from 15 March 2021.
Undergraduate Admissions Officer
£31,865 - £35,845 (Points 40-44 on the University of Cambridge single salary spine)
36.5 hours per week, but flexibility will be required and time in lieu will be offered in accordance with the College’s policy on this.
Working alongside academic and non-academic colleagues, the Admissions Officer is responsible for running the selection process for the admission of undergraduate students. This is an administrative post requiring significant technical skills. It also involves a great variety of human contact and permits creative and strategic thinking. It might appropriately be filled by a range of people with different backgrounds and skillsets, though excellent communication and organisational skills are essential.
- Educated to undergraduate degree standard or equivalent.
- Knowledge of the structure and systems of UK higher education.
- Knowledge of the structure and systems of UK secondary schools and colleges.
- Knowledge of the Cambridge undergraduate system or recent teaching experience and /or experience of UCAS admissions processes.
- Excellent knowledge and experience of IT systems including word processing, MS Word, Excel, Publisher and Powerpoint, databases and database management.
- Knowledge of and experience of Zoom and MS Teams.
- Excellent knowledge and experience of maintaining websites and working with online booking systems.
- Awareness and understanding of the issues that affect recruitment, especially of under-represented groups, to Cambridge.
- Ability to produce written reports.
- Excellent communication and presentational skills, capable of interacting with different sized groups of students of various ages from schools and colleges across the UK, as well as academic and administrative colleagues.
- Excellent interpersonal, listening and negotiating skills.
Closing date: Monday 1 February 2021 at 5pm
Interviews will be held on: Monday 8 February
How to apply:
Please click 'Apply' to be redirected to our website, where you will find further instructions on how to apply for the role. Please note, you are not applying at this stage.
Candidates are advised that the appointment process will include both an online interview and a technical exercise.
No applications from Employment Agencies, please.
Applicants should note the conditions laid out in the Asylum and Immigration Act when applying for this post.