JOB TITLE: Digital Manager
SALARY: £29,000-38,000 per annum, plus company benefits
DURATION: Two-year FTC, based in London. The position maybe renewed subject to funding being secured.
LOCATION: London Bridge
RESPONSIBLE TO: Finance, HR and Admin Director
This is a wonderful role that offers great potential to someone who wants to enhance
digital campaigning and communications in a creative and diverse international human
rights organisation. Your job will be to deliver imaginative and compelling digital
content for PEN International’s campaigns, maximising our ability to promote literature
and freedom of expression globally.
This will involve overseeing and maintaining our website, social media channels and the
digital elements of our campaigns; ensuring quality, consistency and accessibility. You
will also be writing engaging and succinct copy; filming and editing inspiring short films;
creating powerful infographics to highlight campaign data; interviewing writers and
publishers; managing and creating content from PEN’s key events; and working with
our global membership and relevant partners to produce campaign materials.
The role requires occasional international travel, mostly to PEN international meetings.
The post holder will line manage the Digital Coordinator.
The ideal candidate should have:
- Fluent spoken and written English
- Educated to degree level or equivalent
- Excellent knowledge of digital communications, campaigns and social media
- Demonstrable experience of developing digital strategies and managing digital campaigns or projects in the not-for-profit sector
- Good knowledge of content management systems (WordPress, Craft)
- Good technical understanding of websites and some knowledge of HTML and CSS
- Experience of working with external digital agencies
- Ability to write to the highest standards across a range of formats and audiences,
and to edit and proof-read the words of others
- Ability to self-shoot and edit short films
- Ability to create infographics and other compelling digital storytelling methods
- Strong campaign planning skills, with a creative approach to campaign tactics
- Awareness of the needs of a volunteer membership in a grassroots organisation
- Ability to work well independently as well as part of a team
- Good organizational, time management, and problem-solving skills
PEN International promotes literature and freedom of expression. Founded in 1921, our global community of writers now spans more than 100 countries. PEN International is a non-political organisation which holds Special Consultative Status at the UN and Associate Status at UNESCO.
PEN International offers a supportive and flexible working environment, alongside addtional benefits such as, pension, weekly fruit supply, season ticket loans, training opportunties, and more.
To apply for this role please submit your CV along with a covering letter (max. 1 page A4), outlining why you are the right person for the role, your salary expectations and notice period
Closing date for applications: 24 July 2020 by 5pm.
First round interiews: We are conducting interviews on a rolling basis and advise all suitable candidates to apply immediately.
Second round interviews: When applicable.
Start date: As soon as possible.
PEN International is an equal opportunities employer.
Due to a high volume of applications, we are unable to contact each applicant individually regarding the status of their application.