The Events & Fundraising Officer plays a key dual role in the organisation, supporting the organisation of major events such as Congresses and Committee meetings, and supporting fundraising activities and related communications for
As Fundraising Officer:
- Conducting research into funding prospects and develop grant applications for existing trust and foundation funders
- Working collaboratively with Communications team to fundraise through digital channels
- Maintaining fundraising database and files (hardcopy and electronic)
- Keeping accurate records of individual donors; providing appropriate donor care for members of the Readers Circle; and providing administrative support as required to PEN International Fundraising Circles
- Ensuring donor recognition in PEN International outputs (annual report,
website, publications etc.) as appropriate
- Ensuring positive donor relationships through effective communications
- Drafting marketing materials and meeting with prospective and current funders, liaising with designers and printers in the production process, in collaboration with the Communications team.
As Events Officer:
- Supporting the Congresses, Committees and New Centres Coordinator with all aspects of planning major PEN International events
- Maintaining events database and files (hardcopy and electronic)
- Providing administrative support for funded delegates, including booking travel and accommodation and managing the visa process
- Providing practical support at PEN International meetings to the Congresses, Committees and New Centres Coordinator, and other staff members as required.
Contribute to PEN International’s work generally by:
- Participating in cross-programme project teams as required
- Contributing to appropriate monitoring, documentation and evaluation of projects through regular reports
- Facilitating cross-learning and collaboration across teams
- Contributing to the development and implementation of PEN International’s policies, strategies and plans
- Assisting in managing and training volunteers/fellows
- Undertaking any other duties commensurate with the post that may reasonably be required.
Please click on the attached document to view the full Job Description and Person Specification.
One year fixed term contract, full Time staff position based in London. The position maybe renewed subject to funding being secured.
How to apply: Please click on the apply button to submit your CV and a covering letter which addresses all aspects of the Job Description and Person Specification.
Applications must be submitted by close of day (18:00 hours) on August 17th 2019.
Shortlisted candidates will be informed of the interview process including dates and times by August 21st 2019.
The client requests no contact from agencies or media sales.