To ensure effective systems of financial control and reporting are in place; to provide sound advice and guidance to the Board, the Executive Director and the Senior Management Team on matters relating to the finances and financial strategy of PEN International; and to ensure legal compliance in respect to financial reporting, contracts and staff policies.
The Finance & Administration Director works under the supervision of the Executive Director of PEN International.
Responsibilities – Financial Planning:
- Act as principal adviser to PEN International on organisational finance and financial
- Develop, with the senior management team, in consultation with the Officers, in particular with the Treasurer, a medium to long term financial strategy taking into account the organisation’s overall strategic plan, reserve policy and future predictions of income and expenditure.
- Develop, with the senior management team, in consultation with the Treasurer the organisation’s annual budget for discussion and approval by the Board of Trustees.
- Oversee the development of the circles of donors of PEN International and take them into consideration in all his involvements with fundraising and finance.
- Be responsible for monitoring the organisation’s cash flow and in combination with the Treasurer ensure the optimal management of funds, including investments if required.
- Provide oversight and advice on developing budgets for new projects that meet the needs of PEN, its funders and international partners that adequately represent the real costs to the organisation.
- Provide financial advice and support to all other budget holders.
Responsibilities – Financial Management & Systems:
- Maintain and review the organisation’s financial records, systems, policies and procedures to ensure compliance with good practice and statutory requirements.
- Maintain the security and integrity of the organisation’s computerised accounting package and act as the main contact with the software provider.
- Manage the coding structure within the accounting package to ensure that all reporting requirements are met.
- Review, develop and implement effective internal controls, in particular those relating to the control of payments for expenditure.
- Devise and implement systems for the control of PEN International funds put at the disposal of PEN Centres.
Responsibilities – Budget Monitoring
- Provide timely, complete, and accurate financial reports to Budget Holders, the Senior Management Team and the Board drawing attention to significant variations;
- Ensure that monitoring systems are in place to enable Budget Holders to review actual performance against the annual budget on a monthly basis and for variations to be identified at an early stage;
- Ensure that financial reports on projects are available and presented in a timely and appropriate manner.
Responsibilities – Statutory Accounting
- Be the main point of contact with the organisation’s external auditor.
- Plan the overall annual audit schedule including the Finance and Administration Team’s internal year-end timetable.
- Advise on the adoption of appropriate accounting policies for the statutory accounts.
- Prepare the annual statutory report and accounts in compliance with current regulations and standard practice.
- Ensure that the final statutory report and accounts are kept and presented to the Charity Commission, Companies House, bankers and funders as appropriate.
Please click on the attached document to view the full Job Description and Person Specification.
How to apply: Please click on the apply button to submit your CV and a covering letter which addresses all aspects of the Job Description and Person Specification.
Applications must be submitted by close of day (18:00 hours) on August 17th 2019. Shortlisted candidates will be informed of the interview process including dates and times by August 21st 2019.
Due to our limited resources we are only able to inform shortlisted candidates.