Family Services Lead
Redruth, Cornwall (with travel to sites throughout Cornwall)
If you have a background in working with vulnerable children, young people and families, this is a brilliant opportunity to join a charity that is making a real difference to bereaved children across Cornwall.
Formed in 1995, Penhaligons Friends is a Cornish charity supporting bereaved children, young people, parents and carers.
Our mission is to address the issues of grieving children within a supportive and educational environment where children, care givers and professionals can receive advice and information and share their experiences.
We are currently looking for a Family Services Lead to join our dedicated team in Redruth.
- Salary of up to £33,000 per annum
- Regular supervision
- Opportunities for professional development
- Enhance your experience with a well-established charity
This is an exciting opportunity to take on a challenging, yet highly rewarding role where you will be able to shape and support the success of a vital service.
Within an engaging and fast-paced environment, you will be supported to realise your full potential while you help your team to do the same.
We are a reputable charity with a clear vision for growth and a strong sense of values. If you think you’d thrive as part of our passionate team, we’d love to hear from you.
As the Family Services Lead, you will be responsible for the delivery of emotional and practical support to bereaved children and their families.
Leading the Family Services Team, you will motivate them to deliver a high-quality service where the wellbeing of families is paramount.
Reporting to the CEO, you will:
- Assess the needs of bereaved children
- Make sure that support is effectively managed, well-co-ordinated, supervised and in line with the charity’s mission and ethos
- Provide advice and guidance to families and professionals
- Work in partnership with other health, education and social care professionals
To join us as a Family Services Lead, you will need:
- Proven experience of working with vulnerable children, young people and families
- Experience of working in a supportive role with parents and/or carers
- Team leadership and staff supervision experience
- Experience of therapeutic supervision
- Previous experience of managing clinical risk and safeguarding
- An understanding of complicated grief and trauma
- A professional qualification in social work, psychology, counselling, psychotherapy or another relevant field
- The willingness to access training opportunities including in-house training and Level 3 Safeguarding
Other organisations may call this role Family Services Supervisor, Senior Social Care Worker, Senior Support Worker, Senior Bereavement Support Worker, Senior Counsellor, or Family Services Team Leader.
The closing date for applications is the 14th August 2020. Interviews are scheduled to be held on the 25th August 2020.
Webrecruit and Penhaligons Friends are equal opportunities employers, value diversity and are strongly committed to providing equal employment opportunities for all employees and all applicants for employment. Equal opportunities are the only acceptable way to conduct business and we believe that the more inclusive our environments are, the better our work will be.
So, if you’re seeking your next step as a Family Services Lead, please apply via the button shown. This vacancy is being advertised by Webrecruit. The services advertised by Webrecruit are those of an Employment Agency.
Working hours: 37.5 hours per week